Chinatown, Racism, moron?, comic, stereotype

danb

I just saw this video clip on MSN:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fox-news-under-fire-for-racist-chinatown-segment/ar-BBx2Z3g?li=BBnbfcL

I hope the video plays automatically in this post.

I don't normally watch O'Reilly and Jesse Matters on Fox. I wonder how this video should be view by asian people. Was it just in "gentle fun" or was it a example stereotyping or perhaps a racism video? What do you think? Danb

BillO classifies it as "gentle fun." In all, having watched a lot of Fox news enough, I would call that a good classification. Some comments were out of line but others were pretty good and I think meant to be funny (a fine line).

The Chinese are capable of laughing at themselves. Sometimes I wonder if they are better at that than we are but, does it matter? As long as we are not laughing at them. Not many people like that.

"or was it a example stereotyping or perhaps a racism video?"

Are you kiddin' me? Has our society progressed so far down the toilet, with some folks having drunk so much of the propaganda kool-aid that they have lost all sense of which direction is up...or down, much less a joke?

My answer to the question of what I think is simply.....A person would HAVE to be lookin' for trouble to call that video stereotyping or perhaps a racism video. My advice, stop drinkin' the propaganda kool-aid, it will put you so far out in left field that you'll miss the game, as well as make one lose their sense of humor. :flowers_and_kisses:

Took a look at some of Matter's other news videos. Accessed them by clicking on the windows at the end of the video that I posted above. One of those videos lead me to this video:

The video in this post gives a perspective of a couple of young Chinese men living in the USA of Matter's video.

Looking at the other's of Matter's videos strongly suggested to me that he is not a serious journalist who does serious journalism. Not sure what to make of O'Reilly. Still not sure what audience they are trying to reach.

Edited by danb (see edit history)