List of 14 differences between Japanese and Chinese women sparks debat

List of 14 differences between Japanese and Chinese women sparks online debate.

Japan and China are well known for their almost constant bickering. Whether its a debate about some past wrongdoing or squabbling over rocks located hundreds of miles out to sea, the pair are seemingly always having a spat about something or other.

This week, a list of 14 purported differences between Chinese and Japanese women C allegedly written by a Chinese national C appeared online. While outlining everything from sex and extramarital affairs to respect for their partners parents and money matters, the list casts Chinese women in such a poor light that, as one Weibo user also suggested, we almost wonder whether it was created entirely to put the cat among the pigeons and have Chinese and Japanese net users at each others throats.

Here are the 14 differences between Japanese and Chinese women as they appeared online this week. We strongly urge you to take this with not so much a pinch of salt as a whole cup of the stuff.

• In Japan, mothers teach their kids to always stand up for what is right and to put a stop to wrongdoing no matter what. Chinese mothers urge their children to run away from evil as wrongdoers will be punished in the afterlife.

• Japanese women think that Japan is the greatest country in the world. Chinese women, on the other hand, often feel that other countries do things better, suffering from the grass is always greener syndrome.

• Although Chinese women who marry Westerners take enormous pride in doing so, for women in Japan, marrying a foreigner is almost an embarrassment.

• Japanese women are ladies in public but turn into whores between the sheets. Chinese women, meanwhile, are vulgar when outdoors but act likes ladies in the bedroom.

• Japanese women prize fidelity over all, focusing on helping their husbands and raising their kids, but China is known for its shockingly high number of extramarital affairs.

• Japanese women value filial piety, and women treat their husbands mother as if they were their own. Chinese women just wish their mother-in-law would die and be out of the way.

• Japanese wives support their husbands with all their might, praising them for their hard work when they come home late from work. Chinese women scold their husbands when they arrive home, demanding to know Where the hell have you been!? when hes late.

• Young Japanese women tend to marry men around their own age, working to build a life together. Young Chinese women actively seek out a rich older man, not caring about issues like the number of lovers they have previously taken.

• Japanese mothers teach their daughters to obey their husbands when they marry, and to show respect for their mother-in-law. Chinese mothers urge their daughters to get control of their husbands finances as soon as they can after tying the knot.

• Japanese women can deal with the fact that a man might not have much money, but they have no time for cowards. Chinese women can accept a coward, but have no time for men without money.

• Japanese women find brave men utterly charming, but Chinese women are concerned that such men would be troublesome and bossy in marriage.

• Japanese women are able to tolerate a husbands infidelity. Chinese women are able to tolerate their own.

• Japanese women do not openly speak ill of their men in the media or when in public. Chinese women openly berate their men in the media.

• On their wedding night, Japanese women will say, Im sorry if I dont do it right. Chinese women, on the other hand, say Come on, lets see how much money we got from our wedding guests!

More: http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/01/29/scathing-list-of-14-differences-between-japanese-and-chinese-women-sparks-debate-online

• Like 1

5. Japanese mothers teach their daughters to obey their husbands when they marry, and to show respect for their mother-in-law. Chinese mothers urge their daughters to get control of their husbands finances as soon as they can after tying the knot.

6. Japanese women can deal with the fact that a man might not have much money, but they have no time for cowards. Chinese women can accept a coward, but have no time for men without money.

:blink: Got me.

Having been married to a Japanese woman and currently married to a Chinese woman I can tell you there's a little bit of truth in all of those statements. There are a lot of differences but also some similarities. Like most Asians they are both concerned with not losing face. My wife is probably not typically Chinese. She's not greatly concerned with how much money I make. My ex was always after me to to figure out how to make more money. She would also nit pick over trivial shit and never forgot a past misdeed. Bing on the other hand doesn't pick at me and once a misdeed is made and resolved it's forgotten. My wife is definitely not #13. She would never cause me to lose face in public. She has no problem berating me in private though.

I will relate a story that points out some differences. When Bing and I first married my ex wanted to meet her so she invited us over for lunch. I wasn't crazy about the idea but Bing wanted to meet her so I grudgingly went along with it. Japanese people are polite to a fault. They could hate your guts and you would probably never notice it. Chinese people can be incredibly blunt. About half way into our visit, with Junko being the polite hostess and serving us with great care Bing came right out and point blank says "why divorce?" Junko was taken completely off guard and after some hemming and hawing stuttered something about people growing apart etc etc etc. Bing wasn't buying it. after we left she told me she then understood what I had previously told her.

• Like 2

I think we all could write a book about our experience. Maybe some day.....

I recently read about a woman sculptor who married a Chinese man. Her house was filled with her work but he did not find it very interesting at all. While he was driving home one day, he saw someone had thrown away a huge portrait print (not litho -- just plain printed like from a machine or laser printer) that was lying by the side of the road. He picked it up, got home, and moved all her work to another room, and nailed the print right to the front room wall. Ayup, that is art.

I would have just killed the man. But believe me my wife is not beyond doing something like that. She touches my guitars and she will be sleeping with her friends. My story and I am sticking to it.... :D

• Like 1

Having been married to a Japanese woman and currently married to a Chinese woman I can tell you there's a little bit of truth in all of those statements. There are a lot of differences but also some similarities. Like most Asians they are both concerned with not losing face. My wife is probably not typically Chinese. She's not greatly concerned with how much money I make. My ex was always after me to to figure out how to make more money. She would also nit pick over trivial shit and never forgot a past misdeed. Bing on the other hand doesn't pick at me and once a misdeed is made and resolved it's forgotten. My wife is definitely not #13. She would never cause me to lose face in public. She has no problem berating me in private though.

I will relate a story that points out some differences. When Bing and I first married my ex wanted to meet her so she invited us over for lunch. I wasn't crazy about the idea but Bing wanted to meet her so I grudgingly went along with it. Japanese people are polite to a fault. They could hate your guts and you would probably never notice it. Chinese people can be incredibly blunt. About half way into our visit, with Junko being the polite hostess and serving us with great care Bing came right out and point blank says "why divorce?" Junko was taken completely off guard and after some hemming and hawing stuttered something about people growing apart etc etc etc. Bing wasn't buying it. after we left she told me she then understood what I had previously told her.

:rotfl: Great story Carl. My ex-wife and Wenyan are and have been friends. When the two of them are in the same room they are usually laughin' at me. I know my ass is gettin' kicked when I am in the same county as those two....but it is hilarious....I don't give a shit who gets laughed at, let's jest laugh...I always say.

• Like 1

I think we all could write a book about our experience. Maybe some day.....

I recently read about a woman sculptor who married a Chinese man. Her house was filled with her work but he did not find it very interesting at all. While he was driving home one day, he saw someone had thrown away a huge portrait print (not litho -- just plain printed like from a machine or laser printer) that was lying by the side of the road. He picked it up, got home, and moved all her work to another room, and nailed the print right to the front room wall. Ayup, that is art.

I would have just killed the man. But believe me my wife is not beyond doing something like that. She touches my guitars and she will be sleeping with her friends. My story and I am sticking to it.... :D

Bing doesn't touch my guitars. She doesn't mind them at all. I think she gains face from her friends and co-workers because they are in awe that I can build them.

• Like 1