Missionary filing DCF in China?

Hey guys, another quick question.

Hypothetically speaking, if the petitioner applying in GUZ for their spouse was in China as a missionary, would this cause any issues? Because it is technically illegal according to China's laws to live here as a full-time missionary, so I'm wondering if the US Government would take any issue with this or if they don't have a problem with it?

I know that there are mentions of missionaries in the I-864 as to retaining domicile, but presumably this is in countries where being a missionary is legal.

Thanks for your help!

Hey guys, another quick question.

Hypothetically speaking, if the petitioner applying in GUZ for their spouse was in China as a missionary, would this cause any issues? Because it is technically illegal according to China's laws to live here as a full-time missionary, so I'm wondering if the US Government would take any issue with this or if they don't have a problem with it?

I know that there are mentions of missionaries in the I-864 as to retaining domicile, but presumably this is in countries where being a missionary is legal.

Thanks for your help!

The only requirement for filing DCF is that you RESIDE in China. If you are illegally PRESENT (no valid visa) in China, this may cause a problem, but you can still file stateside.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)