Traveling back to China before green card issued

I was wondering if its ok to travel back to China after entering US on CR-1 visa but before green card is issued. My wife will come here after interview for a month using her vacation time then travel back to China for 1 month to tie up looses ends and retire then return back to US. Its all about timing and maximizing vacation and retirement date will this be a problem for her to return back to US before green card? I was told it takes about 3 months to get green card now. I wasn't sure if the Visa they put in passport was just a one time use.. Anybody have an answer for this...We just got through the USICS and NVC stages sooner than we thought and now waiting for interview date, thinking interview will be in early October.

She already has green-card, it's her Passport and Visa. The visa has an I-551 notation which states to serve as evidence of permanent residence upon endorsement.

gallery_3366_4_113214.jpg

My MIL just came here a month ago and is waiting for card, we have visited Canada a couple times, each time upon entry to Canada had to explain her status, and upon return the US POE officer had no issues with her not having the card, they knew her status by the I-551 notation.

Only issue I can think of would be China exit Authority when leaving, they may not understand that the I-551 notation will let a person re-enter the USA even if the visa shows expired. In this case you may want to try an infopass appointment to your field office and see if they would rubber stamp her passport with an I-551 stamp too.

Yes I can try that I think there is one in Phila.1 hour from me.... I just now received the interview date end of Sept..... crazy was just approved at NVC 2 days ago

A little confused, NVC? What approved? Visa is issued long after NVC handles case, they should be long done with the petition.

Ok I understand, I was confused, I was thinking she was already here on the visa, and waiting for a green card.

Hang in there, Perry! :) you;'re closing in on it now.

When Rose and Kerry came here at the end of January, it took almost exactly one month for the green cards to arrive. Granted, that was several months ago now, but it should give you an idea.

and yes, after passing the interview, she'll get her CR1. In Rose's case, that took about 2 weeks to get to her, after the interview.

Hang in there, Perry! :) you;'re closing in on it now.

When Rose and Kerry came here at the end of January, it took almost exactly one month for the green cards to arrive. Granted, that was several months ago now, but it should give you an idea.

and yes, after passing the interview, she'll get her CR1. In Rose's case, that took about 2 weeks to get to her, after the interview.

Thanks Wawster