Can Chinese Consulate in the US do a Gong Zheng Shu?

I have seen the advice to get multiple copies of the Chinese White Books before you leave China. We may have one or two around but probably not enough.....

The documents we need are our Chinese Marriage Certificate (married in Shenyang, Liaoning) and my wife's birth certificate (or really the info from her Hokou).

My questions?

If my wife has her Hokou and our certificate, any chance the Chinese consulate in NYC could do this?

Does the office in Shenyang have to do our marriage certificate?

I believe the birth certificate is done in the city of her Hokou which is different than her birth hometown?

Luckily, my wife just updated her Hokou but unluckily I just found out we need these after she just came back from China?

Any experience with this or are we going to have to get her family to help us out?

Thanks in advance.

Beachey.

Sorry no one's been able to get to this for so long.

I found this from the Chinese consulate in Canada - http://ca.china-embassy.org/eng/lsyw/gzrz/rz/

3. How to apply for consular authentication of documents or business certificates issued in China?

Answer: Foreign-related notarial deeds or business documents issued in China for use in a foreign country should firstly be authenticated by the Department of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China, or authorized local foreign affairs offices of China. Then they should be authenticated by the foreign country's diplomatic or consular missions in China (Double Authentication). In some cases, the authentication by the foreign country's diplomatic or consular missions in China is not required (Single Authentication).

Please visit http://cs.mfa.gov.cn/wgrlh/lsrz/lsrzjjs/ for authentication requirements of the Chinese Foreign Ministry and relevant foreign diplomatic or consular missions in China.

4. If notarial deeds or other documents issued in China have been taken to a foreign country without being authenticated in China, can they be authenticated by a Chinese diplomatic or consular mission abroad?

Answer: The Chinese diplomatic and consular missions abroad do not accept authentication applications for foreign-related notarial deeds or other documents issued in China because the missions do not keep samples of signature or seal of Chinese notaries public or issuers of business documentation and cannot verify the authenticity of the documents. The applicant should send the document back to China, apply for authentication by the Department of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China, or authorized local foreign affairs offices of China, and apply for authentication by a diplomatic or consular mission in China of the country where the documents will be used. If the applicant find it inconvenient to go back to China for it, he or she may entrust someone else (e.g. a friend, relative or a lawyer in China) with the formalities.

White books can be issued anywhere in China, but it may depend on what information is in the hukou books provided. If your wife is still on her parents' hukou, for example, she may find it much easier to get the white book issued somewhere other than her home city.