Taco Bell is Coming to China!

All the people I know from the Nanning area don't care for Mexican food. I think it may be a regional taste.

Nanning food is basically Cantonese style. Chengdu/Sichuan style is the spict hot variety. I can't see in the near future dian píjiu going to cerveza por favor. :beer:

My wife who is from Nanning loves spicy foods but doesn't care for Mexican food.We had a conversation once about what if someone opened a Mexican restaurant in Nanning. She doesn't think it would do well there.

Rose is from Hunan, so loves spicy food. I think I've eaten more spicy dinners with chili peppers in them in the last 2 months than I've eaten in my entire life before. :D

We have a local Mexican restaurant here that Kerry works at now, and we've eaten there a few times. Rose and Kerry loved the tacos, but only when they put the super hot verde sauce on them. When we made them at home, they were loaded with crushed red pepper. Neither Rose, nor Kerry worried about the messy eating, although they did laugh a lot about it, as the taco shells tended to break apart on them.

If you want GOOD food in China, go to Guangzhou or Hong Kong - two of the BEST food cities anywhere, in my own humble little opinion and limited experience.

I found these two places just while waiting for my flight in Hong Kong - Cali-Mex

gallery_1846_724_540245.jpg

and a little Japanese deli (the Bo-Lo'Gne, right across the street from the hotel), with room for barely half-a-dozen customers. What was on their menu as a "Vietnamese hot dog" was actually the BEST gourmet Philly cheese steak I've ever had

gallery_1846_724_625825.jpg

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)