He came here in an immigrant visa, which airport was where he turned in the immigration packet last year? That is the point of entry where permanent residence status was granted.

For example my wife entered the USA on a flight from Beijing to Chicago, before flying to my home town, Chicago was her port of entry.

Thanks ! He will come for short time visit since he needs to finish his master's degree in Beijing. I wonder if he can file I-131 re entry permit and do biometric at The same time at local uscis office.

Depending on timing, file the I-131 around a month prior to his arrival, and with luck they schedule the biometric during the time of visit. Some field offices or application support centers can and will do biometric without an appointment. I-131 in most cases needs to be filed to USCIS by mail, it is not done in the field office.

Thanks ! He will come for short time visit since he needs to finish his master's degree in Beijing. I wonder if he can file I-131 re entry permit and do biometric at The same time at local uscis office.

Depending on timing, file the I-131 around a month prior to his arrival, and with luck they schedule the biometric during the time of visit. Some field offices or application support centers can and will do biometric without an appointment. I-131 in most cases needs to be filed to USCIS by mail, it is not done in the field office.

Thanks ! If form 1-131 can't be done in the local office , hopefully , he can file form 1-130 there. What's class of admission ??

Thanks ! If form I-131 can't be done in the local office , hopefully , he can file form I-130 there. What's class of admission ??

The field office is not set up to take the I-130 either, it is mailed to USCIS.

Class of admission probably is F24 203(a)(2)(b) Unmarried child of LPR. But check his visa.