Chinese buy up bottles of fresh air from Canada

What started as a joke is telling of the pollution in China.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03526/china-pollution_3526951b.jpg

A Canadian start-up company bottling fresh air from the Rocky Mountains has seen sales to China soar because of rising pollution levels.

Vitality Air was founded last year in the western Canadian city of Edmonton but began selling in China less than two months ago.

“Our first shipment of 500 bottles of fresh air were sold in four days,” co-founder Moses Lam says in a telephone interview with the Telegraph.

A crate containing 4,000 more bottles is making its way to China, but he says most of that shipment has been bought.

A 7.7 Litre can of crisp air taken from Banff National Park in the majestic Rocky Mountains range sells for roughly 100 yuan, which is 50 times more expensive than a bottle of mineral water in China.

MORE...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/12051354/Chinese-buy-up-bottles-of-fresh-air-from-Canada.html

Yeah man, maybe I should start bottling air from here in Bedford, and sell it over yonder.

Wenyan has been in China with her ailing parents for almost a month now, and she already has her little "smokers cough" back....she doesn't smoke. And, the prices of damn near everything have almost completed their most recent doubling. That would make four doubling of prices since I went over in 2006. Plus, many businesses are shutting down. One whole mall that we used to go to has shut the doors on all four floors, and a really nice, and new large food mart that just opened in 2011 has been shut down. Wenyan says the business closings are from orders of their president, of China. Wenyan says there are more and more public protests, also.

This all bothers me for two reasons...

If China goes down, who is going to lend us money for more wars, and, to keep our economy at least look like we aren't broke?

I plan on moving over to China to live if the wrong person is elected president here in America. Whare the hail am I gonna go if I can't breathe China air, and the Chinese fall into social/economic chaos?

Often I have to fight the nagging feeling that I am some dang Roman, and Rome is in decline. Maybe I should have immigrated to Australia or New Zealand, back when I had the sponsors in the early 2000's.

• Like 1

Canned air is a hot commodity in Xianggelila when you go to the Pudacuo National Park because of the "altitude" - all of maybe 11 or 12 thousand feet.

Here the oxygen lady is trying to get me to breathe the can she bought for me so it wouldn't go to waste

gallery_1846_754_626643.jpg

It may be cheaper just to buy some at this restaurant

Eatery charged 1 yuan per diner for pollution-free ambiance, until authorities got wind of the practice

http://cdn4.scmp.com/sites/default/files/styles/486x302/public/images/methode/2015/12/14/7e23c1b8-a232-11e5-9340-91203134f877_1280x720.jpg?itok=rnYC-FYc

The restaurant bill showing the 3 yuan charge for air filtration. Photo: SCMP Pictures

Canned air is a hot commodity in Xianggelila when you go to the Pudacuo National Park because of the "altitude" - all of maybe 11 or 12 thousand feet.

Here the oxygen lady is trying to get me to breathe the can she bought for me so it wouldn't go to waste

gallery_1846_754_626643.jpg

Breathe deeply grasshopper, the oxygen lady knows best.