Question when applying for Tourist Visa (10) year

I have a question when Ling's Daughter apply's for the Tourist visa for Her and her daughter (Ling's) Granddaughter to come visit us . Can they both apply for the 10 Year Visa? and How long can they stay in America? I heard they can stay up 6 months ?

Thank You Ling & Michael

I do not believe there is a restriction to validity length of less than 10 years, unless perhaps based on how long a passport is valid, in some cases a passport is only valid for 5 years in which case I would suspect the consulate may set the validity of the visa to 5 years or perhaps to the date when the passport expires. Again speculation.

As for max length of visit, the POE tends to set it to 6 months, sometimes less.

Thanks for the Info

Michael

unless perhaps based on how long a passport is valid, in some cases a passport is only valid for 5 years in which case I would suspect the consulate may set the validity of the visa to 5 years or perhaps to the date when the passport expires. Again speculation.

No. The length of validity of the visa has no relation to the length of validity of the passport.

• Like 1