Another I-864 question

Hi everyone,

We have a few more questions about the I-864:

1. For the Federal Income Tax Return Information in Part 6 section 19 - do you suggest putting down your actual income or total income? After my foreign tax exemption my total income is $0 for all 3 years. However, it says on the form to put your total income so I don't want to put inaccurate information on there. Advice?
  2. If my salary is in RMB which exchange rate should I use to transfer it to USD?

Thank you!

1. I would indicate total income.

2. 6.371 RMB = $1 http://www.x-rates.com/calculator/?from=USD&to=CNY&amount=1

Note, the consulate is more concerned with your income after moving to the states, so also attach evidence that you have a job, or a job offer in the states, if not, then a Joint Sponsor will be required.

1. I would indicate total income.

2. 6.371 RMB = $1 http://www.x-rates.com/calculator/?from=USD&to=CNY&amount=1

Note, the consulate is more concerned with your income after moving to the states, so also attach evidence that you have a job, or a job offer in the states, if not, then a Joint Sponsor will be required.

Thanks for your response

My other question is if we have a joint sponsor does his total income also should be over poverty line or it can be under it because he is a joint sponsor?

the other question is should the joint sponsor claim the beneficiary on his tax files every year from now on as by sponsoring the beneficiary the household will increase?

Thanks again

Joint sponsor's income should be sufficient to support their household including the immigrant at or above 125%. However the consulate looks at the totality of situation and in many cases demands a different sponsor if they are barely above the 125% mark.

No, the joint sponsor does not claim the beneficiary on their taxes, You will be filing a joint return with beneficiary.