Hi everyone,

We are getting ready to submit our I-864 Affidavit of Support and I have several questions I am hoping someone can help answer:

1. Should the mailing address be the sponsor's domicile address and the residence be our home in China?
  2. How do you write an explanation and provide documentary evidence of domicile?
  3. Does the sponsor (me) need to enter myself into Part 6, Section 6.a.? According to the I-864 instructions page, you are supposed to enter income entered in section 5 into section 6.c. as well, but this doesn't make sense to me, especially since in section 11 it acts as though I am not supposed to.
  4. Is foreign-earned income accepted? I have heard several mixed answers about this.
  5. Should I include my current bank account sum in Part 7,Section 1, even if my income is more than 125% above the poverty line?

Thanks in advance for your support!

1. I would use address intend to live at in the USA (US Domicile)

2. Provide copies of things that shows living overseas is a temporary thing,

• Valid US State Driver's License
  • US Bank accounts showing deposits
  • US Credit Card statements showing domicile address

3. Are you using recent form date 7/02/15? http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864.pdf

4. Yes it sets a precedence as to your earning potential, however they will be more concerned with continued income after coming to the states.

5. Yes, if you will be looking for work once moved to the states. They will consider it an asset, this asset should be worth more than 3 years income at 125% if not employed.