Any experience expediting biometrics for Re-Entry Permit I-131?

Hi,

Got the I-797 that they received and forwarded the I-131 Re-Entry Permit to Nebraska Service Center for processing. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience in getting the biometrics expedited. When you call USCIS they just read you what it says on their sheet (and that I can read myself), but just wondering if and how we could get this expedited. Daughter has to leave at the latest early August (first week) to go back to China to get ready for the start of school in Hangzhou September 6th. She has to get set up in Hangzhou which requires finding an apartment and everything else that moving to a new city entails. Would the InfoPass option help? And can we even set an InfoPass appointment before we've been given a date on when USCIS says we are scheduled to have the biometrics. I understand we can do a walk-in but as I understand this it can only be after an initial biometrics appointment date has been given to us. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have a great day!

Rosie and Marc

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know who you'd call in Wisconsin to talk with to see if there's anything these people can do to help with an I-131 issue? Thanks!

State has absolutely nothing to do with immigration, perhaps your rep or senator may make an enquiry or help expedite the application.

Primarily once USCIS does biometrics (Fingerprints, photo, signature) daughter should be able to travel, and once you receive the travel document you could mail it to her by a secure service.

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=WI

I do know that once you receive the Bio appointment, you do not have to wait for the appointment date. Just bring the letter with you to the address on the form, and ask if they can take you today. We went early every single time, never waited for the appointment. Super friendly and very helpful they were to us.

Not sure if an info pass would help, as the Bio appointments are set up at a contracting agency of USCIS. That being said, you can do an info pass or walk-in anytime you want, for any question you want to ask, the question is however, will you get a answer to your question, or just read the screen.

You have biometrics letter yet? If you have that in many cases I have seen simply walking to n to the ASC early that can be done as a walkin if they are not busy.

Interesting and unexpected. I called around and ended up sending a Privacy Release Form out to our senator's office as they said they'd attempt to get things expedited. All I was hearing were stories of it taking far longer than we actually had before our daughter had to go back to China. So filled out the form, faxed it off, came home and hit the hay (work nights so sleep during the day) thinking it probably wouldn't do any good but at least we tried. Was almost asleep, bedroom door comes flying open, wife runs in and says, "Darling! We got the letter!!". Unreal. 24 days since we sent it out to AZ then routed to NE. Biometrics is August 5th. Perfect timing. Daughter flies out August 7th.

• Like 1