My wife and I have been living in the US now for about a year after going through the process of getting her a visa. We previously lived in China. Now she is pregnant with our second child (our first was born in China) and she would like for her mother to come to the US from China to be with her during her pregnancy. I'm sure this is a common thing but I just don't know where to start with that kind of visa process. Could someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks,
Darren

You are asking about a visitor B-2 visa, for the most part mother in law is applying for a visitors visa to visit the USA, we had mother in law visit us last year. The B-2 allows for visit up to 6 months, the visa itself is valid for 10 years and can be used multiple times.

Start by studying topics tagged B-2 http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/B-2/

When we had mother visit us last year My wife and I handled filling out the DS-160 online for mum, handled the US Travel Doc part, and sent an I-134 over for her to show visa officer at interview how we will support her while visiting. We also sent her a letter of invite detaining what we had planned for while she visited.