War ¡®Inevitable¡¯ Between US, China, per International Business Times

From the International Business Times.

http://www.ibtimes.com/war-inevitable-between-us-china-russian-chinese-media-1982123

Additionally, last year I was watching the Charlie Rose program. He had on a NY Times columnist who has lived in China for many years and knows many high officials in the Chinese government. He was discussing, a PLA Senior Colonel Liu Mingfu. Well the Colonel wrote this book in 2010 titled the "China Dream". In it he writes the following: where he defines a national "grand goal" to "become number one in the world" restoring China to a modern version of its historic glory. This is, he writes, require displacing the United States ( by any means).

Well the NY Times columnist said it was a wildly popular book in China. Additionally before it was published, it had to pass all the highest Chinese government censors, or else it wouldn't been published. Therefore, their government gave their blessings to the idea or feelings that Colonel Liu Mingfu wrote about

It seems that China's overall current activities at home and through out the world should be watched very carefully.

By what right does America feel it should NOT be eclipsed?

If not by China, then by someone.

There are no countries in history that have not been eclipsed to date, and there is no reason to believe American powers in office are preserving the financial and moral strength needed to delay the inevitable.

I do not support forceful expansion of power from any country, whether it is USA, China, or whoever, however I am rational enough to believe that the USA will be eclipsed someday, by someone. It is my thought that day may be near, and that China probably WILL be the next top dog.

The Chinese media article quoted by the IBT is hardly an example of blustering - they had to quote the one sentence in it that had anything to do with their topic. Xinhua ascribes the quote to "other people".

China Voice: Cooperation prevails over confrontation in China-U.S. ties

China and the United States should realize that the targeting of this new relationship is a strategic choice by both sides and requires unremitting efforts despite challenges. The sides have more incentives to enhance communication and cooperation than they do differences.

. . .

In summary, China and the United States should and could let cooperation prevail over confrontation and build an unprecedented new model of relationship between great powers, which will benefit the two peoples and the world at large.

I don't think war is inevitable. I am working hard to refine my understanding of China. One thing authorities say is that it does not need to be a "zero sum" outcome: i.e. one nation's rise is not necessarily linked to the demise of another.

In fact, I see the U.S. and China as the only 2 superpowers in 5 years. And, our survival is fairly linked.

China wants to be China and they don't do a very good job of explaining that to the world. They don't want democracy and they genuinely don't want to be a world military superpower.

However, in their view of themselves as the greatest civilization, they also are lord over all of Asia. I think the U.S. will be willing eventually to accept China be China within her borders, however I don't think her neighbors look to the past for "how things should be" and will not tolerate subjugation again.

That is where the S. China Seas represent the clash of old China with the modern world. All of Asia is not China's domain to control anymore. And, though they will probably hold onto their artificial island, I don't think her neighbors will grant her control of the entire zone for resources or shipping.

To me, for now, there is the question: is it anybody's business to put limits on Chinese expansion? For her neighbors: yes.

• Like 1