I-864 for IR5 for parents

After 2 years and 2 months of battling the snails pace of NVC, everything was finally sent to GZ and we have an interview date for Jie's parents. We're getting ready to ship original documents and I'd like to clear up a couple of questions.

GZ is asking for 2014 taxes as well as originals of 'financial evidence'. I assume 'financial evidence' means completed/signed I-864, I-864a, 2013 tax transcript, taxes, employment letter, etc.

1) As for the I-864, I emailed those last year based on 2013 tax returns.

In the interview letter GZ is also asking for our most recent tax return (2014).

If I am providing the 2014 tax return, do I need to update the I-864 and I-864a to reflect 2014 or just send the original we did last year for 2013, and just supplement it with the 2014 return?

I don't care either way, my main concern is screwing up GZ up by changing something already in the system.

2) As for the 'original documents' of the 'financial evidence', since Jie's parents will be at the interview together, do they need a copy of everything for each person, or will GZ accept one copy for both people?

I know they each need their own I-864, however do I need to send duplicates of my paystubs, employment letter, taxes, etc?

Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

1) I would send over a new updated I-864 along with 2014, 2013, 2012 transcripts of returns and recent past 6 months pay stubs and perhaps updated employer letter.

2) two petitions, two visas, so two sets of documents. They probably will just lock at docs to compare with what was scanned, and yes two complete I-864s with evidence, they probably will take and put in the immigration envelopes, that will come with visas.

Good luck Ken, and Godspeed.

I could only dream of being able to do this for Wenyan's parents. They are too far gone. That damned 5 years of waiting didn't hurt Wenyan and I but it put her folks out of reach.

Good luck Ken, and Godspeed.

I could only dream of being able to do this for Wenyan's parents. They are too far gone. That damned 5 years of waiting didn't hurt Wenyan and I but it put her folks out of reach.

Thanks Ronnie, that's why we're doing this now, another 5 or 10 years would make it that much more difficult.

• Like 1

Yes Ken, do it now buddy. I am heartbroken that my father in law can't even get out of bed, walk, or do anything but lay in a damn bed wearing a diaper that has to be changed often.. I won't even go into the damn bedsores. Wenyan says he has Parkinson's and I swear it went from him falling down on walks outside cutting up his face and legs and arms, to total immobility in what seemed like only a matter of months. Ma went into dementia in about the same short period. Now she shouts at people that aren't in the room, and slaps often at family members who are trying to help her.

What I would have given to at least had them be able to visit America, my father in law would have LOVED to see Washington, DC. Christ, I never saw or thought about how that State Department delay over absolutely nothing would affect my in laws being able to visit here. Well, its spilt milk, nothing can be done about their health. I just hope your in laws make it over quickly and have a great time. Tell us about it if they do. I'd greatly enjoy reading about their visit.

Ronny

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well my in-laws just left the consulate with a PASS! Thanks for all the help. The package we Fedexed to them with all my docs ended up being around 3 lbs. Don't have the details yet on what questions if any were asked, or what documents they needed to provide to the IO, but I'll post when we get the details.

• Like 1

Questions asked of Jie's parents:

How did your daughter and son-in-law meet

Where is your daughter working now

Who is providing the financial support

Are you members of the CCP

What kind of work does your son-in-law do

Then the IO asked for all the documents they brought and took all the I-864's, I-864a's, 3 years taxes, police certs, etc. Only thing they didn't take was my proof of current employment.

Just when I thought we had no more questions...

This is the letter GZ gave to Jie's parents. This process has taken so long that no one remembers setting up an account on ustraveldocs.com or choosing a CITIC bank to receive the passport and visa docs as per the letter. Any suggestions as to what direction they need to go?

http://i57.tinypic.com/iptc9j.jpg