DS-260 Address Questions

Filling out the DS-260 and just want to double-check which addresses to use in the form:

1. "Beneficiary's Present Address" The current address my husband (Beneficiary) and I live at here in Beijing, right? (Just like the I-130, right?)
2. "Mailing and Permanent Address Information" (Beneficiary) Permanent Address Please provide the following information on where you intend to live after arrival in the United States. Should this be my US address? We're not 100% sure where we will be moving to exactly, waiting on getting the Visa first. :-) But, my US address is where I get all my mail and such.

3. "Address and Phone Number of Petitioner" This should be my permanent US address right? Not where my husband and I are living currently in Beijing?
Thanks!

1) Yes

2) No, this is beneficiary's mailing address if different from physical address, for example a PO Box.

3) What address were you living at when filed the I-130? Beijing?

1) Yes

2) No, this is beneficiary's mailing address if different from physical address, for example a PO Box.

3) What address were you living at when filed the I-130? Beijing?

Thanks for the quick reply.

3) We are still at the same address in Beijing that we used when we filed for the I-130. No change there.

That is address I plan to use for 1 (Beneficiary's present address).

I'm a little confused with 2 - perhaps I'm just really dense... but for 2. "Mailing and Permanent Address Information" (Beneficiary) Permanent Address Please provide the following information on where you intend to live after arrival in the United States. <--Aren't they asking for the US address here?

Because on the side there is a yes/no question: Is this address where you want your Permanent Residence Card (Green Card) mailed?

Mailing and permanent address are not the same thing.

"Mailing address" has to do where you currently receive mail, is many places there is no mail delivery at home address, so you go to the PO and get mail at the PO box, or have mail sent to a different mailing address.

The other part, "Permanent Address" has to do with where you intend to live after arrival in the states

See Page 12 and 13...
http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DS-260%20Exemplar.pdf

Thanks! I get it now sorry for the D'oh-ness!

Yes, the mailing address is the same as the present address (here in Beijing)

Permanent Address - I put my U.S. address where we (for now) plan on living after our arrival in Beijing.

And "Yes", this is (for now) the address in the US where we want the Permanent Residence Card (Green Card) mailed.

(I read on the forum here that upon actual arrival, we can change the address. But the current one I plan to use is my go-to, I know I'll get the mail address for the US.)

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!

I have the same question about "petitioner's address and phone number" on DS-260. We used our current address in china for this part as we are living together here. is it right ?

After We filled petitioner's phone number (current phone number in China), it got changed to American style phone number and lost some digits. would you please tell us how we should fill the phone number?

Thanks for your help!