Letters from NVC, by regular or express mail, English address?

Hello,

I am in the process applying immigration visa for my wife at China. We have got I-130 approved and waiting for the next step. Suppose our case will be moved to NVC and NVC will send letter to my wife (but not me?). I wonder if they are going to mail it to my wife's Chinese address, in English? by express mail or regular? I have concern that English address might not be accurately translated to the correct Chinese address by postman, then get lost. On I-130 form, I also listed her name and address in Chinese. Hope they could use it? Also my wife's address I filled in I-130 will become invalid after she graduates from college this summer. How can she request an address update?

All responses will be highly appreciated.

NVC has actually gotten into the 21st century, they can use email.

Did you attach a G-1145 to your petition to provide an email address? If you did not, you can contact NVC via an online web page and provide email contact information, give them USCIS case number, and name and dob of beneficiary and petitioner. http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/contact/ask-nvc.html

We currently have a petition in for my wife's mother, NVC used email to contact mother, in which case the email address we provided to USCIS was actually my wife's email address. We then did the choice of agent payed I-864 fee and emailed the I-864 and financial evidence to NVC causing NVC to change case from GUZ to GZO for electronic processing,

Hello,

I am in the process applying immigration visa for my wife at China. We have got I-130 approved and waiting for the next step. Suppose our case will be moved to NVC and NVC will send letter to my wife (but not me?). I wonder if they are going to mail it to my wife's Chinese address, in English? by express mail or regular? I have concern that English address might not be accurately translated to the correct Chinese address by postman, then get lost. On I-130 form, I also listed her name and address in Chinese. Hope they could use it? Also my wife's address I filled in I-130 will become invalid after she graduates from college this summer. How can she request an address update?

All responses will be highly appreciated.

This is correct - when you type Pinyin to an IME (computer Input Method), you will see a list of 10 to 20 possible characters for each Pinyin syllable. The translation is NOT unique, thus mistakes can be made.

But a letter addressed to a Chinese address will usually have a Postal Code, which identifies the city it is to go to. The Postal workers in that town will usually have someone who can recognize the street name from the Pinyin syllables, pencil them in on the envelope, and deliver it to the correct place. But this can take 3 months, as opposed to 3 weeks for a letter addressed with Chinese. And, yes, it can get lost in the meantime. When mailing a letter within China, you are REQUIRED (at least I was) to provide Chinese characters for the address. For international mail, I have found that they WILL make every effort to deliver when possible, although it WILL take MUCH longer if Chinese characters are not provided.

So, yes, use Chinese characters whenever possible when providing a Chinese address.

But, like Dan said, your wife's visa application process will primarily be via email and Internet.

NVC has actually gotten into the 21st century, they can use email.

Did you attach a G-1145 to your petition to provide an email address? If you did not, you can contact NVC via an online web page and provide email contact information, give them USCIS case number, and name and dob of beneficiary and petitioner. http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/contact/ask-nvc.html

We currently have a petition in for my wife's mother, NVC used email to contact mother, in which case the email address we provided to USCIS was actually my wife's email address. We then did the choice of agent payed I-864 fee and emailed the I-864 and financial evidence to NVC causing NVC to change case from GUZ to GZO for electronic processing,

Great, I did attach a G-1145 with my email address and phone number. So will I automatically get GZO for electronic processing or I have to email them ask them to do so. Suppose electronic processing is faster?

Great, I did attach a G-1145 with my email address and phone number. So will I automatically get GZO for electronic processing or I have to email them ask them to do so. Suppose electronic processing is faster?

NVC will assign a GUZ case number, all you need to do to opt into electronic process is simply email the I-864 when the time comes to do so, doing that will trigger the electronic process, and NVC will then assign a GZO case number and email this to you as a response..

SEE "Method 2" http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html