GUZ Paper Filers with fast case complete to interview stories

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can share a positive story about the time it takes for an NVC case complete to reach Guangzhou and result in an interview date? It seems that all I am seeing is doom and gloom, and I was just hoping us "paper filers" could hear about some more hopeful experiences time wise.

Thanks so much,

D.L. Aaronson

You aren't planning to Direct Consular File (DFC), are you? Also, are you looking to petition for a K-1 (fiancee) or IR-1/CR-1 (spouse)?

1) The OP is asking about time from NVC to consulate, and specifically cases where people mailed the requested documents such as I-864 and Chinese documents like police, birth, marriage certs to NVC. This is strictly for immigrant I-130 petition cases.

2) No one can file an I-129F (DCF) it is always mailed to the processing center in the states.

But yes, a little more detail from the OP is in order, what exactly their plan, K-1 or CR-1/IR-1?

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of info. We have applied for an IR-1, married in the U.S., everything cleared NVC without checklist, DHL confirmed our paperwork was sent to Guangzhou on 4-21-15. We are just looking for anyone who can share stories of receiving their "P3" letter fairly quickly even though they were paper filers GUZ case number.

Thank you all!

DL Aaronson

In the past before the electronic process option, the norm is 3 months NVC leave to consulate P3 or in this case P4 since P3 is handled by NVC.

The 3 month delay has to do with a customs hold between NVC and the Consulate, this is why opting in to the electronic process is recommended.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Mine has also been quite fast. Yifang and I had a "case complete" on October 21...and we received the P4 email on October 24th. The same approval letter informed us of our Interview date. There was no scheduling on our part, as CGI Stanley isn't involved with it now. We were scheduled for the interview on December 9th. Something is speeding up the process, it seems.