US Citizenship Test

An important part of the application process for becoming a US citizen is passing a civics test, covering important U.S. history and government topics. There are 100 civics questions on the naturalization test. During the interview process, applicants are asked up to 10 questions and must be able to answer at least 6 questions correctly. Here is a sampling of what may be asked. How would you do?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/quiz/2015/feb/11/us-citizenship-test-could-you-pass/

Edited by Randy W
corrected link to start of quiz (see edit history)

I helped my wife study for her test too. I just took the test and I got them all right. I probably wouldn't have if I hadn't helped her study. After taking it though I'm curious as to what "which coast is the Pacific ocean is on" has to do with civics.

I helped my wife study for her test too. I just took the test and I got them all right. I probably wouldn't have if I hadn't helped her study. After taking it though I'm curious as to what "which coast is the Pacific ocean is on" has to do with civics.

There are 8 questions listed under "Integrated Civics/Geography" - seems like it's fair game - http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Office%20of%20Citizenship/Citizenship%20Resource%20Center%20Site/Publications/100q.pdf

I despised civics in high school. I'd flunk the citizenship test in a heart beat.

Really, when I need to learn something that affects me and what I want to do, I pour all of my energy and study my butt off on that subject...and I find and ask people that know. When I bought Wenyan's apartments for her, I studied up, talked to the right guy, went to the county commissioners and got the apartment complex's taxes cut in half. My head just doesn't work like other's I reckon...it never did. I have a huge problem filling my head with "stuff" I don't care about. I'll go volunteer to fight for my country (the big picture), but I don't have a clue how the crooks (all of the parties) run the place. Color me a non-citizen...I needed to make money so that is what I studied up fer, besides, in civics class my mind was on what Alice G. and I were doing in the back row of the Druid theater Friday nights, and the teacher hated me, thought I was a commie because I had long hair instead of a flat top hair dew.

tsap seui

My drummer never did march in step with any group...he lost one of his drum sticks in 1962 and broke the other one in 1970. I'd flat out funk some citizenship test.