Sending an Iphone to China Problems ?

Hello Brothers and Sisters

I would like to know if anyone has shipped an Iphone to China and if so Have you had any problems ? with the phone arriving and if there were duty or Terrifies on the Phone

Michael-Sean

Used one? Last fall I sent my old iPhone 4 over with mother in law when she returned home from visiting us, no taxes or duties on that.

There is a famous story of someone shipping an iPhone 6 within China and the package arrived with a rock (I think) in its place.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. My fiancé brought her mother an iPhone 6 new in the box and it was not an issue. They take exception to many of the same thing arriving in a package, otherwise, I think the legitimate "gift" category does not raise an eyebrow. Personally, I would pay the duty if I sent one, but, I wouldn't do it because I just really doubt it would arrive.

I bought an Iphone 5 with Sprint and took it to my wife. Just had to get it unlocked when over there, then she got a new sim card. I think they have some policy or you can get unlocked new now.

Standing in the post office today (to mail a tax Return) and noticed a poster about shipping hazardous materials. Cell phones are considered hazardous by virtue of containing a lithium battery. Not sure if that would invalidate the parcel or require separating the battery from the phone and packaging it in some special, non-shorting way.