Lincoln Continental for China?

Lincoln Continental Is Reborn, Inspired by Its American Roots and Chinese Tastes

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2015/03/30/business/Ford2/Ford2-master675.jpg

Ford will unveil a new version of its full-size Continental sedan this week at the New York International Auto Show, signifying the return of a car that epitomized elegance in the 1960s before it faded into obscurity and went out of production in 2002.

But even as Ford hopes the new Continental will invigorate its Lincoln luxury brand in the United States, the company expects most of the car’s sales to be in China.

It is the latest twist in a global car market that has automakers hustling to develop models that appeal to both Chinese and American buyers.

In the case of the Continental, the growing demand for large cars in China provided a strong business incentive for Ford to resurrect the sedan for the United States market as well.

Looks like a Taurus size, and I bet drivetrain. A real ugly Taurus at that.

Some better concept car pics on the web here, but too lazy to post. One is a real retro look. The other just plain but elegant, I guess.

I am amazed at the plain Jane and highly lackluster look of the recent Lincoln's. Back in November my wife and I went shopping on a car lot that sell's 900-1,100 cars of different persuasions per month. High dollar and low dollar cars none more than 2011 in vintage. I was surprised at the 10 various Lincoln models they had. While Cadillac, BMW, Infinity, Lexus, etc etc are building sexy, sporty looking luxury cars, those Lincoln's had absolutely no sex appeal. Hell, the Chevy Cruze and Malibu blow them away in looks and curb appeal. I actually felt sorry for the name Lincoln. The Kias and Toyotas even made them look bad. As a matter of fact, if I was in charge of Lincoln design I'd fire everybody and hire a designer from Kia. LOL The Lincolns weren't even in the same ballpark as the Cadillac and Infinity. Buick makes far better looking cars...in every model.

Sorry to any Lincoln owners out there, it just is what is is. Lincoln should go back to the suicide door era, or at least try and get in tune with the cars of 21st century. I jes can't see Lincoln being a hit in face conscious Chinartucky.

tsap seui

We bought one of those 2 door Caddys. Sexy as hell, especially with a lil' Chinese gal at the wheel and they drive and handle more like a sport car than a luxury car, yet remain luxurious.