10 Year Visitor Visa to USA

I can't find the thread where I read that the USA will give out 1-2 year visitor visas for the first visit, and then later the 10 year.

2 of my wife's friends decided to visit America now, hearing it was so much easier. They got the 10 year visa first time. They will visit here and go home before wife ever arrives.

Anyway, it is working, and working well it sounds like.

I was thinking exactly this for my wife, after she retires.

Keeping the green card active requires 6 months in America, while the visa can be used as desired.

Precisely what Mr. Twister is doing...

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/45297-conditional-green-card-holder-not-living-in-the-usa-i-751/?p=595193

My wife (a naturalized US citizen) just got her visa to visit China in May. They gave her a ten year visa. I was a little surprised because she only has 2 years left on her passport before it expires. I assume when the time comes she need only present her expired passport along with her new one.

My wife (a naturalized US citizen) just got her visa to visit China in May. They gave her a ten year visa. I was a little surprised because she only has 2 years left on her passport before it expires. I assume when the time comes she need only present her expired passport along with her new one.

Correct. On entry you present both passports and it will be accepted in China.