Evolution of relationship letter for i-130

Hi again, sorry for the flurry of recent posts, I'm filing my i-130 day after tomorrow.

I'm going to write an evolution of relationship letter because the evidence I have to prove that it's a bonafide marriage consists of mainly pictures, train tickets, two affidavits from my family members, and our baby's ultrasound. We won't have the writing under the ultrasound translated, but it will be attached to a post on Facebook that I made with the same pictures announcing that I was going to have a baby, which I'm hoping is sufficient.

I'm wondering where to put the letter within the order of the packet? Does the order really matter? I assume it would go with the evidence I will include.

Thanks!

THe order of the EOR letter won't really matter. The USCIS workers will tear your packet apart, scan it, and put it all into the order that they want it in anyhow. IT is good that you are writing one to put in with your initial application..

Good luck with the process.

tsap seui

Thanks Tsap Seui. I forgot to ask one thing, if I print the letter and sign at the bottom of the page, should I just photocopy the letter with my signature or do they want my original signature included in the packet?

I made two cover letters with my petition. The first one was a cover letter for the forms and continuation sheets and documentation that was required with that. The second was a cover letter for all the extra evidence I included. At the bottom of the first cover letter I included a reference to the second cover letter and evidence "packet."

It was mainly for me though, to make it easier for me to organize, prepare, and double-check everything.

Everything that you're submitting that has your and your spouse's signature on it should be an original. Affidavits from others are probably fine as photocopies (mine were). But make sure you do photocopy everything, including the forms you submit, and store it in some place so your spouse can bring it with them to have on hand at the interview.

• Like 1

I made two cover letters with my petition. The first one was a cover letter for the forms and continuation sheets and documentation that was required with that. The second was a cover letter for all the extra evidence I included. At the bottom of the first cover letter I included a reference to the second cover letter and evidence "packet."

It was mainly for me though, to make it easier for me to organize, prepare, and double-check everything.

Everything that you're submitting that has your and your spouse's signature on it should be an original. Affidavits from others are probably fine as photocopies (mine were). But make sure you do photocopy everything, including the forms you submit, and store it in some place so your spouse can bring it with them to have on hand at the interview.

The "rules" are somewhat lax there - everything you submit is essentially "under oath" as being authentic, even copies of the original. You may wish to KEEP the original. But yes, the best advice is to have ALL originals on hand at the interview.

Thanks guys. Also, I'm starting to worry that we don't have enough evidence of a bona fide marriage, which is silly because it's totally bona fide!

We have included in the packet:

--20 photos of us together over the last 18 months. Only one has a time stamp which was from January 2014. Included are pictures from our ceremonial wedding with her family, and pictures of us with my mother and sister when they came to visit China. I wrote on the back of every picture the date and place the photo was taken, and sometimes described who else was in the picture.

--A color copy of the ultrasound of our (unborn as of yet) baby, which has Chinese writing below it explaining the medical details. Behind that picture though, is a screen print of a Facebook post I made with the ultrasound pictures announcing the pregnancy.

--2 photos of my wife's friend's holding up "congratulations Sam and Winnie" artwork/cards with hearts and such that were made for our wedding.

--2 affidavits, one from my mother and one from my sister, confirming their knowledge of our bona fide marriage.

--A letter addressed to the two of us at the same address from my sister in the US.

--Copies of multiple train/plane tickets that I kept from when I visited her in 2013/2014 before we lived together, and ONE copy of train tickets where we shared a train recently.

--An evolution of relationship letter.

I'm worried because nearly all of that could have been fabricated. The pictures together (without time-stamps) could have all been taken in a short amount of time. The ultrasound has her name on it but not mine. The congratulations cards could have been made just for show. The affidavits from my family could be fake. But that is all the evidence that we have. My name isn't on the rental agreement for our apartment, we don't have any joint accounts or insurance or shared bank accounts/money transfers. I'm starting to worry that we don't have the hard evidence we need.

What are your thoughts after having seen a lot of cases? Thanks.

I would say that your evidence is EXCELLENT - you HAVE a bona-fide relationship. It's the consulate's responsibility to see that from what you submit.

Don't worry about it being seen as "faked" - you know better. I expect they will, too. think you have all your bases covered there.

You can easily attach dates to the pictures on the front through Photoshop, or by copying the backs of the pictures, and prnting THAT alng with the front.

Again - I think you're more than covered here.

If you've been living in China you can also include copies of any residence permits, entry/exit stamps, and lease agreements (though they'll need to be translated). If you or anyone else would like a translated template of the standard lease form used in China, I've pasted what I'm using below (couldn't find an "attach" button).

This is what they use in Shenyang, I'm assuming it's the same or similar in other cities but that's up to you to figure out! I added the underscores so you can see the spots that are usually filled out. On the documents I'm submitting only the signature underscore is left, everything else is entered in Word.

(Line breaks were removed so I put dashes there instead)

Apartment Renting Agreement

-

Landlord (Party A) _________________________

ID No. _________________________

Tenant (Party B) _________________________

ID No. _________________________

Apartment address: _________________________

Renting date: _________________________

Monthly rent: __________

Half year: __________

Water bill amount: __________

Electricity bill amount: __________

Gas bill amount: __________

-

Responsibility for Party A:

1. Must give Party B the normal living rights and use rights during the lease time.
  2. Once the renting agreement is made, Party A must not add other additional terms.
  3. Party A should pay for the Real Estate Fee and winter heating fee which are required by the Real Estate Bureau.
  4. When Party A intends to stop the renting before the lease is complete or under special circumstances, Party A should notify Party B thirty days in advance. The contract can be terminated when Party B agrees to it.

-

Responsibility for Party B:

1. Party B should pay for water, electricity, gas, complex service fee, telephone, internet and digital television fee during the leasing time. Party B should also pay for housing water, electricity, gas leaking fee, or sewer congestion charge. Party B should also pay for the next rent thirty days in advance.
  2. Party B should take care of the apartment and facilities very carefully. If Party B breaks anything, Party B should pay for it accordingly. When the damage was caused by force majeure (such as earthquake, war, etc.) repair will not be the responsibility of Party B. When not getting Party A’s permission, Party B should not change the main part structure of the apartment while doing decorating, otherwise, Party B will take the consequences fully.
  3. Party B should not rent the apartment to others during the leasing time. Party B should not carry on illegal activities such as making fake products, selling fake products, multi-level marketing, hosting gambling, etc. Otherwise, Party B will take the consequences fully.
  4. If Party A could not contact Party B when the lease is done, Party B has the right to take back the apartment.
  5. If Party B gives Party A deposit for water, electricity, gas, etc. () yuan, Party B should get whatever is left after the lease is done.
  6. If Party B intends to stop renting within the leasing time, or intends to keep renting, he should notify Party A thirty days in advance. After getting Party A’s agreement, the contract may be stopped or renewed.

-

Utilities in the apartment: double bed() single bed() small side table() sofa() closet() fridge() TV() set-top box() computer() washing machine() heating machine() air-conditioner() microwave() stove() kitchen exhaust hood() dining table() chair() and ()

-

Broker fee was paid by Party B () yuan, paid once when the agreement was made. After the agreement was signed, broker will cease all responsibilities and duties. When either part violates the agreement and cannot be harmonized, a lawsuit can be brought to people’s court in the administrative area. During the lease time, if one party breaks the contract, he should pay for one month’s rent to the other part. The broker fee will not be returned. It will be paid by the part which breaks the contract. This agreement will go into effect once agreed and signed by Party A and Party B.

-

Party A signature _________________________

Phone No. _________________________

Party B signature _________________________

Broker signature _________________________

-

Note:

-

Issued by Shenyang Real Estate Bureau ______ year ___ month ___ day

I certify that I am competent to translate from Mandarin Chinese to English and that the above “Apartment Renting Agreement” is a correct and true translation to the best of my knowledge and belief.

Signed: ___________________________________

Address: ___________________________________

Telephone: ___________________________________

Date: ___________________________________

Edited by yanglan (see edit history)