Register a location for document pick-up

Hi, i m new to this forum. Want to share a problem and see if someone has had similar issues. US consulate guz asked me for my passport and 2 photographs via an email. I went to the nearest Citic bank and gave them both these things. 5 days later i get an email that my passport is back at the bank. When i reach the bank, i am told that the passport was returned along with the photos. No reason is given. I called the ustraveldocs helpline and they told me to write an email to ustraveldocs (via the feedback form on their dashboard) and attach the email from GUZ. Anyone had similar problem? Not sure if it was the embassy that returned the documents or was it a problem on Citic bank's part.

Note: i applied for CR1 visa, interviewed on 18 dec in Guz, since then my case was in admin processing 221g. Last time "status updated" date changed on ceac website was on 23 feb - thats when i got the email to send the passport. Since then no date change- not even when they returned the passport. That makes me fear that its the citic bank who for some reason could not deliver my documents.

Thanks for your reply

Hi, just to add to the above- the citic bank i went to is also my selected branch for document pickup. I have previously used the same branch to send my ds260 confirmation page. Although each time i go there, the staff is new

Did they use an unsealed envelope, with the CGI cover page on the outside, and one also the inside with your documents?

Does your status still say "Administrative Processing" or does it now say "Issued" ?

Also what did & does the lower right hand box on the dashboard say?

Unsealed envelope: no

Cgi cover page: yes but only one, that too in chinese

On the dashboard it said your passport is ready for pickup.

Anyways, today i went to the west nanjing road CITIC building, where on the 17th floor there was an entire office set up probably for this purpose. There they did it just as you say - put my documents in an envelope and with 2 CGI cover pages, one pasted on the envelope. I hope this time its delivered and accepted ... Thanks for the reply. Tomorrow i will check if my case status on CEAC website changes or not.

My case status on CEAC website has not yet changed. Still wondering if my documents have been properly delivered or not......??

Have you gone to this: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-niv-passporttrack.asp

Then scroll down to the little window where you can type in the passport number? (Sorry I don't have a pic, but here)

Passport Tracking Options

For your convenience, you have several options to choose from to track the location of your passport.

If your status shows "origination scan", it means your passport has left the Embassy or Consulate is on its way to the delivery location you have chosen. It is however not available yet.

Only when the status shows "ready for pick up", it means you can go to the CITIC branch you have chosen to pick up your passport.

Please do not go to your delivery location if your status does not show "ready for pick up" as it means your passport has not reached its final destination for pick up.

The Embassy or the Consulate cannot help you regarding the status of your passport delivery. Please do not contact the Embassy or Consulate regarding the status of your passport delivery.

Instant: Enter your passport number below to check on the status.

Passport Number

• 5 weeks later...

It's normal to get an "Case Number Not Found" error message when entering your case number on the step immediately following selecting the document delivery address, after having had a successful* interview? I'm guessing that yes, it's normal, since the site doesn't expect you to set up another interview (having already had one) and so the case number is 'not found.' I didn't have any issues before my spouse's interview, so I'm guessing that it's just a way for them to prevent scheduling unnecessary appointments, yeah?