Last instructions on DS-260

The last step on the DS-260 instructions state:

Once you have submitted the DS-260 forms for you and your accompanying family members, you must then submit your required civil documents, photographs and embassy-specific documents to the NVC.

If your case is NOT processing electronically, please submit your documents to:
National Visa Center
Attn: CMR/DR
31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

If your case IS processing electronically, please scan and email your documents to: NVCElectronic@state.gov

If I DCF'd in Beijing then my case is processed electronically, correct? I don't need to mail these to NVC?

Thank you in advance.

Julian

NVC will not even be involved, you will bring these documents to the consulate.

Do not email or mail anything to NVC.

First, electronic processing doesn't apply to DCF cases.

Second, documentation listed here http://ustraveldocs.com/cn/IV%20Instruction%20DS-260%2007222014.pdf should be brought to the interview.

Also, about a week after you submit that DS-260 and drop off the few documents to CITIC, you'll get an email from the IV Unit instructing you about how to schedule the interview and what to bring. The instructions above are provided in that email.

Edited by jwdoetsch (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much. I'm a little confused about what to do after DS-260. I am at this part:

1. You must register a location for document pick-up by selecting the “Select Document Delivery Address” option in the Immigrant Visa Section of http://ustraveldocs.com.

I am stuck at step#8. Do I just go straight to the CITIC bank and deliver the docs regardless?

Best regards.

Document delivery address has to do with where the consulate will send the visa package to after you interview.

You will bring and drop off all documents at the consulate when you pay the visa fee before interview.