Wall Street Journal Article on Benefits of Qigong

Here is a nice article from the WSJ on qigong. I have practiced qigong since the 1980s, starting with Chinese teachers in Miami. I was able to deepen my practice during my years living in China and I swear by its efficacy. As many of you know, I have some very severe heart problems and I believe this practice has helped keep me alive, when by many doctors' accounts, I should have croaked years ago.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304373104579107190526946048

• Like 1

cool! My dad used to practise Qigong for years, I learnt a little about Xiao Zhou Tian = little circle , Da Zhou Tian=big circle, but hard to concentrate my mind.

• Like 1

That's great, Joecy! I initially discovered qigong when residing at a Zen (Chan) training center in the Arizona desert after returning from Viet Nam in the late 60s. I took up the practice of meditation, but did not pursue qigong until the mid-80s, while living in Miami. Since then, it has been an integral part of my daily life. Like I said earlier, I think it has helped me stay alive in face of some very severe cardiac issues that began a little over 20 years ago. When I lived in China, I noticed that not too many of the young people had an interest in qigong, Taiji, etc. Of course, the older folks filled the parks each day. I think it would be great if more younger Chinese became interested in these arts, as they could add so much to their lives by practicing even a little each day. What do you think?