No police clearance from Gong Zheng Chu- Lost old passport

My wife (Russian) and I met and married in Shanghai. Her interview was last week and everything went well except her police clearance only went back to 2011 and needs to go back to 2007. Unfortunately, Gong Zheng Chu would only issue the police clearance from 2011 because the rest of her Chinese visas were in her old passport (which is lost). Even bringing her diploma from the university in Dalian (2007-2011) was not enough for them. Is there an alternative way to prove that she lived in China during that time?

So far, no luck getting this information from the Russian consulate. Because she lived in the dorms, apparently she didn't need to register with the local police as those of us working in China need to do so we can't get that kind of documentation. Her entry/exit ports into China were exclusively through ManZhouLi. So, we're not sure which city to even begin looking (ManZhouLi, Dalian, Shanghai, Beijing?)

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

David

Hi Randy. Thank you for the advice. I'm concerned that the embassy may not accept this since my wife explained this to them in person in the interview but they insisted they needed the document. And, of course, Gong Zheng Chu insists on having the passport (or a copy of it) prior to issuing the police clearance. I wish there was some agency that could provide a record of her entry/exit dates and visa numbers. It's frustrating because we know all this data is sitting in a computer somewhere but accessing that seems be the challenge.

Best Regards,

David

Hi Randy. Thank you for the advice. I'm concerned that the embassy may not accept this since my wife explained this to them in person in the interview but they insisted they needed the document. And, of course, Gong Zheng Chu insists on having the passport (or a copy of it) prior to issuing the police clearance. I wish there was some agency that could provide a record of her entry/exit dates and visa numbers. It's frustrating because we know all this data is sitting in a computer somewhere but accessing that seems be the challenge.

Best Regards,

David

The consulate will need to decide whether your explanation is good enough. If they are REQUIRING something that is unobtainable, then you will not get the visa. It is UNLIKELY that that is actually the case.

If ANY document is unobtainable, you should submit a WRITTEN statement of WHY it is unobtainable, and what effort you made to obtain it.

I suggest you put it in writing and let THEM decide. We can't look over your shoulder to see what IN WRITING they are requesting, and what you are submitting. You may wish to have a lawyer who can do so.

Put your best effort into it and DOCUMENT EVERYTHING you do, along with the responses you get. You may find them more accommodating than what you expect.