When to submit supporting/financial docs?

Background: Filed I-130 in Beijing (DCF)

We're at the step where we've submitted my wife's DS-260 and have just finished gathering all of the required documentation listed here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents.html

I'm not sure what exactly I should be doing with these supporting/financial documents. Should they be submitted to Guangzhou via email as described on the website? Or should we merely print them out and submit them when we do the interview?

The I-130 confirmation email says the following:

-Complete DS-260 (print confirmation)

-Copy of passport bio page

-Photographs

1. Register document pick-up location

2. Print pre-interview cover letter and submit along with above requested items

Nowhere in the email does it mention anything about the supporting/financial documents. Only on the confirmation page of the DS-260 does it mention that we need to submit them, but according to many stories posted here it appears that people are not submitting them but rather bringing them for the interview.

So as I understand it, the DS-260 submission needs the listed documents only. I'm just wondering whether we should be submitting the additional documents after the DS-260 or when we go for the interview?

Thanks

Edited by yanglan (see edit history)

Thanks for the quick reply, dnoblett

So none of the I-864 related documents need to be submitted prior to interview, what about the other supporting documents? The "Supporting Documents" page http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.htmlincludes a bunch of documents we have already submitted when filing the I-130 (in fact, I don't think there's a single thing on that page we haven't already submitted). Do we need to submit them again via email? Do we need to bring them along to the interview?

Specifically I'm speaking about:
-Birth certificates

-Marriage certificates

-Police certificates

I think these all fall under the "white book" category?

I-864 and related financial docs As well as the other documents are turned in prior to interview at what is caled document intake.

So just to be clear for myself and any other viewers who may be wondering the same thing, we don't need to submit anything other than the DS-260 packet (DS-260 confirmation, passport bio, 2 photographs, cover letter) via CITIC bank? No additional documents need to be mailed/emailed? All supporting/financial documents will be submitted pre-interview during "document intake"?

We'll bring originals/copies of the following:

My documents:

-I-864

-Last 3 years tax returns

-Bank statements

-Credit card statements

-Personal self-employment explanation letter

-Proof of income

-Birth certificate*

-Passport*

-Photos*

Co sponsor documents:

-I-864

-Last year IRS transcript

-Proof of income

-Birth certificate

Spouse documents:

-Passport*

-Whitebooks* (Birth, marriage, and police)

-Resume

-Correspondence with potential jobs in the US

-Photos*

Additional documents:

-Shared apartment leases (6 years worth)

-Relationship affadavits from friends/family*

-Printouts of all immigration correspondence

* means this was submitted with I-130, will bring copies just in case

Also I'm expecting the interview confirmation to give us a few more required documents like an appointment confirmation printout, medical checkup documents, etc.

EDIT: Will I be there with my wife during the document intake process?

Edited by yanglan (see edit history)

The COPIES are what was submitted for your visa application - she will have the originals on hand at the interview should the Interviewing Officer wish to INSPECT them. You CAN include additional evidence when submitting rrquired documents - the sooner you are able to do so the more likely they are to be actually looked at.

Background: Filed I-130 in Beijing (DCF)

We're at the step where we've submitted my wife's DS-260 and have just finished gathering all of the required documentation listed here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents.html

I'm not sure what exactly I should be doing with these supporting/financial documents. Should they be submitted to Guangzhou via email as described on the website? Or should we merely print them out and submit them when we do the interview?

The I-130 confirmation email says the following:

-Complete DS-260 (print confirmation)

-Copy of passport bio page

-Photographs

1. Register document pick-up location

2. Print pre-interview cover letter and submit along with above requested items

Nowhere in the email does it mention anything about the supporting/financial documents. Only on the confirmation page of the DS-260 does it mention that we need to submit them, but according to many stories posted here it appears that people are not submitting them but rather bringing them for the interview.

So as I understand it, the DS-260 submission needs the listed documents only. I'm just wondering whether we should be submitting the additional documents after the DS-260 or when we go for the interview?

Thanks

You need to go to

Step 6: Submit Documents to the NVC

Follow the instructions there for sending (emailing) the AOS and IV packets.

I just sent in ours about a month ago.

there is a 60 wait before NVC will review the documents and if their is anything missing or

incorrect NVC will send you a check list asking for the documents to be sent or corrected.

Then that 60 day wait starts again.

EDIT: I just saw this: Filed I-130 in Beijing (DCF)

Just follow what Dan And Randy has said.

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

Correct NVC process is NOT a part of DCF, case goes directly from USCIS office in Beijing or Guangzhou directly to the Consulate in Guangzhou.