There are several forms marked I-864

• I-864 This is the primary form used by sponsors it allows listing of assets, and using a joint sponsor it is also used bu joint sponsors.
  • I-864EZ this is an optional form used by sponsors in cases where they are sponsoring only one immigrant, are not using a joint sponsor, and are not using assets. (This is the one I used when sponsoring my wife.
  • I-864A is an adendom form, it is used by a sponsor's household member if and when that household member contributes additional support.
  • I-864W is a waiver form used in cases where the immigrant quilifies to self sponsor or does not require a sponsor.
  • I-864P is just a chart of minimum income amounts needed in order to sponsor an immigrant.

You will use either the I-864 or I-864EZ form.

• 6 months later...

• I-864 This is the primary form used by sponsors it allows listing of assets, and using a joint sponsor it is also used bu joint sponsors.
  • I-864EZ this is an optional form used by sponsors in cases where they are sponsoring only one immigrant, are not using a joint sponsor, and are not using assets. (This is the one I used when sponsoring my wife.
  • I-864A is an adendom form, it is used by a sponsor's household member if and when that household member contributes additional support.
  • I-864W is a waiver form used in cases where the immigrant quilifies to self sponsor or does not require a sponsor.
  • I-864P is just a chart of minimum income amounts needed in order to sponsor an immigrant.

Did you submit photocopy of I-864EZ form to NVC, or the original one?

Did you submit photocopy of I-864EZ form to NVC, or the original one?

Scan it and email it to NVC this will put you into electronic processing, then bring the original to the visa interview.

Or if you wish to do the slow mail process with NVC then the original signed I-864 needs to be mailed to NVC.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html