Taking an IPAD to CHINA to stay

We want to give an IPAD to Our Daughter . How do I get an iPad Here in the USA with out a contract to Use over sea's in China . do we remove the SIM ?

Michael

We want to give an IPAD to Our Daughter . How do I get an iPad Here in the USA with out a contract to Use over sea's in China . do we remove the SIM ?

Michael

It doesn't matter if you remove the SIM or not - without a contract, it (the SIM) is not usable. She can use WiFi with or without a SIM, but, if she wants to use a phone-line data connection, she will need a valid SIM - and would most likely want a Chinese one. Chinese data plans are very cheap - mine is about $1.50USD a month.

The tablet can be shipped with or without the SIM - you may want to make sure that it is "unlocked". That is, that it will work with a SIM from another carrier.

If it HAS a SIM slot and she wants to use WiFi only, the (non-functional) SIM might be needed. If you wish to NOT ship the SIM, be sure to try turning it on without the SIM to see if there are any snags while it boots up.

In other words, it might be best to ship it WITH the SIM, and let her replace it with her own if she wants to use one.

so I i get a new IPAD on a contract from my Carrier and jail Break it can it be used in China with China Mobile ?

so I i get a new IPAD on a contract from my Carrier and jail Break it can it be used in China with China Mobile ?

Yes - if possible, you may want to check it before shipping with a SIM from a different carrier to make sure that the jail-breaking worked.

Don't forget that you're still paying out the contract on the iPad, but I guess you could just use that SIM in another device, instead of shipping it with the iPad.