Some Changes in Travel Visa

It remains to be seen in the real world, though. Hopefully, someone can apply soon and let us know how it turns out.

For one thing, the 10 year duration would almost definitely run past the passport expiration. My own two year visa here in China hit that limit - now I need both a new passport and a new visa.

I have a friend whose travel visa happens to be up next week (been in China for probably 4 or 5 years on a couple student and now travel visas).

He plans to apply here in Beijing for this new 10 year visa, and I'll let you all know how it goes.

It remains to be seen in the real world, though. Hopefully, someone can apply soon and let us know how it turns out.

For one thing, the 10 year duration would almost definitely run past the passport expiration. My own two year visa here in China hit that limit - now I need both a new passport and a new visa.

Well if you need help and can wait until December, let me know. Always happy to help, and maybe a bit faster this time, hahaaaaaaa

I guess we won't be in Nanning this trip. We fly direct to Guangzhou the 18th, stay the night for early morning interview and leave that after noon on the 19th.

Well if you need help and can wait until December, let me know. Always happy to help, and maybe a bit faster this time, hahaaaaaaa

I guess we won't be in Nanning this trip. We fly direct to Guangzhou the 18th, stay the night for early morning interview and leave that after noon on the 19th.

No - we get my visas here at the PSB, although I may be looking for your help in getting an FBI report (for myself) either in the next few months or in about 3 years. First on our visa maintenance list is a trip to Guangzhou for a new passport (mine) early next month.

Thanks for all your help - it's much appreciated.

Looks like a 60 day length of stay in the picture - I'll be sticking with the ones from the PSB, which hopefully will be in line with the 10 years. Even the Chinese green card only had a 10 year duration. We should know by Feb. - my current visa (and the passport) expires on Feb. 5). China issues first group of 10-year visas to US citizens

http://shanghaiist.com/attachments/katienelson/10-year-visa.jpg

Twenty-three-year-old Edmund Downie became the first American citizen to get his hands on a 10-year visa with multiple entries at a Chinese Embassy in the US.

. . .

Earlier yesterday, at the US Embassy in Beijing, US Secretary of State John Kerry also handed out the first group of 10-year visas to Chinese citizens.

Cool, well I have a couple of years until my visa expires. I can stay 90 days, but they had up to 120 or 180, I forget. But getting a 10 year will be cool. Just go when I want. It looks like Fen will be tie to her school as a coach even though she lives in the USA. I think 2 months a year in the summer she will go back to coach. I will go too. :) but for a shorter time.

Is there an option for choosing time of each stay/duration?

I believe it has to do with type of visa you apply for.

L-Visa is a standard tourist visa allows the short stays. (30 - 60 days) 30 days is the norm, longer stay can be granted if you meet one of these requirements;

• If you were born in China; including mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
  • If you are under 18 years old, your parent(s) are still holding valid Chinese passport, and residing in the U.S with a valid U.S green card. A notarized copy of the parent's valid Chinese passport and US green card, plus child's original birth certificate must be also provided in order to get the 24 months visiting visa.
  • If you have a Chinese citizenship spouse, you can provide a copy of your marriage certificate, and a notarized copy of your husband/wife’s valid Chinese passport.

Q-1 visas are intended for family visits and allows longer stays if a residency permit is applied for. (Q-1 gets a 30 day stay, and while visiting they can apply for a residence permit allowing a stay of 90 days to 5 years)

More than 7,000 10-year US visas issued in first week

“This is the most important change in our consulate relationship with China since we established diplomatic relations 35 years ago,” said Max Baucus, United States Ambassador to China, in a video news conference yesterday between the US embassy in Beijing and US consulates.

. . .

There is no change in the visa application process and the basic application fee remains unchanged at US$160.

But the new agreement means Chinese citizens who travel back and forth between the US and China will benefit from the longer validity and not having to apply and pay the application fee every year.

We checked at the PSB here in Yulin - they still hadn't heard of the new policy.

New Visa arrived today, Q2 10 year 120 day duration stay

Awesome!!

Where did you apply?

They live in Western NY, so one of two possibilities.

• Traveled down to NYC and handled it at the Chinese Consulate.
  • Or used Oasis China Visa service which now indicates the 10 year visas on their website.

I live in Western NY and always have used Oasis.

• Like 1