CGI Registration, mail address, CITIC

9-29 we got email informing us of the transfer of the case to Guangzhou, and an appointment for interview on 11-19. The letter also stated everything we need to bring.

http://travel.state.gov says after the interview my wife will be informed about how to retrieve her passport and visa, if pass of course. There is NOTHING I can find referring to the cgi website where of course one must register and set an interview date and select the location or address for your passport/visa to be sent to.

I am getting the silent treatment now because I growled at my wife last night over this, racking my brain searching all this stuff on these government websites, and https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=China does not seem to work for us. I got her a password working, but later could not log in to finish registering her with the full profile. It says the first available date is 11-3. Anyway I can't do anything there. My wife is worried that we need to select the address and ticked I haven't done. Help please.

So, is this cgi thing done away with?

No more scheduling your interview?

No more selecting an address for the visa to be mailed to?

Anything else?

That is just it, it seems we cannot do anything on the CGI website. Fen cannot make it work, and neither can I, but she thinks so. We know we don't need to schedule an interview, but that cgi thing shows we have not paid fees or submitted an application or anything.

Ahhhh, I should be on another computer so I can paste links and scan in quotes.

OK, we got the new password, and I set my own password, so now I can log in anytime.

I updated her profile. I selected a CITIC bank near where she lives.

cgi Stanley does not recognize the GZO numbers we have or that we paid anything or have an interview date. I see I stirred this up by a .pdf file I sent to her where we need to select one of 4 location addresses through cgi. I can't remember where I got it.

So maybe I am just spinning for nothing. My gut feeling is to just follow the last letter from the NVC, and travel.state.gov. BUT, I will call Monday and get some advice, after I search more to find where I got that .pdf telling about cgi and showing a map how to get to the consulate.

Doug

Edited by Doug (see edit history)

OK, we got the new password, and I set my own password, so now I can log in anytime.

I updated her profile. I selected a CITIC bank near where she lives.

cgi Stanley does not recognize the GZO numbers we have or that we paid anything or have an interview date. I see I stirred this up by a .pdf file I sent to her where we need to select one of 4 location addresses through cgi. I can't remember where I got it.

So maybe I am just spinning for nothing. My gut feeling is to just follow the last letter from the NVC, and travel.state.gov. BUT, I will call Monday and get some advice, after I search more to find where I got that .pdf telling about cgi and showing a map how to get to the consulate.

Doug

You're on the right roll there, Doug. The NVC track is DIFFERENT from the CGI-Stanley track, although it DOES use the document delivery setup on the CGI web site. The CGI folks tend to set everything up like they're the only horse in the river.