China Top 3 Destinations For Expats

That doesn't surprise me in the least, as I lived there for five-plus years and loved it. The article was interesting, but tended to focus more on the fact that wealthy Chinese want to leave the country than on why it is so attractive to ex-pats. I wasn't aware that Singapore and Switzerland were so popular with the ex-pat crowd.

The article doesn't explain how easy or how hard it is make China their new home. It does in part say a why:

"Most expats move to China for better job prospects, attracted by souped up pay packages. About a quarter of expats make more than $300,000 in annual salary, the highest proportion of any country."

Danb

The article doesn't explain how easy or how hard it is make China their new home. It does in part say a why:

"Most expats move to China for better job prospects, attracted by souped up pay packages. About a quarter of expats make more than $300,000 in annual salary, the highest proportion of any country."

Danb

For sure, I didn't make more than $300,000 in annual salary. I didn't even make that in five years - :happy2: I should think that kind of pay would be a big incentive to put up with the bad air.