Go Carts questions: ( Off the great Chinese Wall)

danb

Hello!! Yes Go Carts questions. I am doing some research on electric go carts, It is for a project that I am involved with. We are doing a project trying to build/retrofit a gas powered Chinese go cart to an electrical driven Go Cart.I mentioned Chinese go cart for severals. One is that many of the go carts that I find on internet are made in China. And that other reason was so I could somehow tie it to this forum. After all they are made in China. :plane: . I am hoping that we have some folks out there who know stuff about go carts. When I was a kid I wished I had a go cart. Well 40-50 years later maybe I will get one to play with.

What I need help with is what type of electrics will I need to buy if I use an electric motor. The guys want to charge the batteries with solar cells if possible. We are hoping that electric driven , solar charged Chinese go Cart will have some zip to it. Any go carters out there? Danb

PS, I believe China is a leader in solar panels manufacturing. Also Beijing just hosted a Formula E car race a few weeks ago.

Edited by danb (see edit history)

All kidding aside, here is a page detailing building one, though without solar panels, from this one it probably would take some time for any on board solar to charge the batteries enough to make any long runs.

http://www.ev-fun.eu/

• 2 weeks later...