additional measure to support the success of interview

Hi all,

There were a lot of posts here found to be very helpful, thank you all for the devotion.

My son and my visa interview will be on October 27, 7:45am, which will be very soon. I have prepared all the documents, finished the medical examine, now I am ready to go.

Of course I am very confident on the faithfulness of our marriage, however, for the economical factor, my husband and I had never met each other since our first meeting which was also our wedding and honeymoon. At that time we stayed together two months. That is to say, we haven't met each other in person for 19 months by the time we have our interview except for webcam and wechat. And my son was not present while we were in US.

So, any suggestion on the supplementary support on our visa interview?

Sadly, the way the legal immigration system works, it is rare that any visa officer at your interview will take or even look at any evidence of a bona fide relationship that you offer on your interview day. In our (I must say "extreme case") my updated letter of evolution of our relationship was thrown through the small window opening and scattered upon the floor. where our 10 year old son had to run over and pick up the sheets of paper, as well as my passport.

I'm sure that will not happen to you, and I have this strong feeling that you will do just fine at you and your son's interview. Don't worry too much at this stage, in 99 out of 100 cases, the decision as to awarding or denying your visa will have been made well before you step up to the interview window. You will be just fine.

Good luck to you.....

Rawknee

• 2 months later...

Kevin, having two interviews under my belt, having spent 8 years reading others comments about their interview and studying on Candle, and from very candid personal emails with the most often referred to immigration attorney, Marc Ellis, I made that statement and will stand by it. In my book, the interview is generally a formality with the decision on visa or no visa made before your wife or girlfriend steps up to the window. That is why I try my best to tell folks who are planning on making an application to write evolution of relationship letters for their initial application, and include every single bit of evidence they can to send in with their initial application. IT is the rare day that the State Department workers in Guangzhou will accept or look at anything you have to offer, or try or offer them on interview day. I have even seen women try and give their interviewing officer some piece of evidence that the officer turned down, then asked for the very same thing on a blue slip. Those visa officers could find something to change their minds at the interview....maybe more so to deny the woman when they were going to grant her the visa...but they don't make the decision off of two or three or even 23 questions at an interview. Your case has already been presented, researched, and made a decision on.

I could go on more and more about our first, then second interview, and give you more examples of other cases, and you don't have to trust me on this....LOL In my book, the decision is made before the girl walks up to the interview window. Yes, sometimes the officer will ask question, even many questions (like the 23 or so my girlfriend got asked at her first interview)...she nailed them all in perfect order yet still got a blue slip. Then on her next interview she could have told the interviewing officer anything....and still gotten the visa. The decision was made before she walked up to the window....in both cases.

It ain't fair, but it is what it is. In your case, from what I have read so far about you, I feel your wife will get her visa. You have lived and worked in China, will file DCF, are married....you would have to write some pretty damaging stuff, and/or present a very weak co-sponsor's I-864 financial, or have some horrible damaging personal evidence in your or your wife's past, for your wife to flunk her interview. My guess is you neither one have anything damaging from your pasts, and that you are way too intelligent to not present a strong case. Here is your visa!! :victory:

tsap seui

• 1 month later...