Wife going back to China for visit

It's been a while since I been on here,...man I use to live on this board when I was trying to get my wife over here,and with all the problems we gone thru anyway I'm not sure if I posted this in the right place,but my wife planing her 2nd trip back to China,and she asked me a question,which I really didn't understand...she has her 10 year green card,chinese passport,and she said to me that she can only stay for 3 months new regulations or something where as in the past you could stay for up to 6 months.....is this true?....does she need a visa to go to China,I can't recall if she got one last time she went back a few years ago....she has a chinese passport....well if anyone knows...appreciate it

thanks

Jimi

Not true, she is a Citizen of China, she could return to her home country and stay permanently, she does not need a Visa either because she is a Chinese citizen.

Be sure you book airfare using the name as shows in her passport. Also if she intends on becoming a US citizen avoid periods away from the USA longer than 6 months.

My wife on the other hand would have the 90 day or 6 month restriction and requires a visa because she naturalized and became a US Citizen, she no longer has a green card and her Chinese Passport is no longer valid for travel, my wife has an American passport.

Great to hear from you again, Jimi. Don't be such a stranger! With your wife away in China, grab yerself a bag of Cheetos, log on to Candle, and catch up with some of your old friends. Just make sure you don't get too much of that orange dust in your keyboard.

Not true, she is a Citizen of China, she could return to her home country and stay permanently, she does not need a Visa either because she is a Chinese citizen.

Be sure you book airfare using the name as shows in her passport. Also if she intends on becoming a US citizen avoid periods away from the USA longer than 6 months.

My wife on the other hand would have the 90 day or 6 month restriction and requires a visa because she naturalized and became a US Citizen, she no longer has a green card and her Chinese Passport is no longer valid for travel, my wife has an American passport.

There is no restriction on visits in China from an American citizen beyond the requirement that you always hold a valid visa - I have been here since Jan., 2011 without leaving the country.

Green card holders can face questioning upon their return to the U.S. if you are planning a trip longer than 6 months. It is best to get a Advance Parole before leaving.

Yeah, come on by more often.

Ok thanks....I understand what my wife is trying to say now,yes she plans on becoming a citizen, thus not staying longer than 6 months that she was telling me,I was a bit confused because i am thinking,shes a Chinese citizen,why would there be a limitation on how long one stays in there homeland....but yeah she does want to become a US citizen.

Well great hearing from you guys......yeah i will have to come on here more often, you know i get so busy,the wife and I bought a house a few years ago and i always have a " things to do list ....honey do list" but all is good !!!! talk to you all later

Jimi

• Like 1