Airport map from SFO to PEK

OK, The deal is my buddy (Bob) will be going to Chongqing this month on the 28th to visit his wife.

The problem is he is not the sharpest tack in the pack and get lost in a paper bag.

Here is his flight plane.

Cleveland to San Francisco:

San Francisco to Beijing:

Beijing to Chongqing:

As i said before, He gets lost in a paper bag.

I already have a map for him for transfers from domestic to international for San Francisco to Beijing.

(I also have a map of Beijing airport)

The problem is that i/we do not know what terminal he will arrive at in Beijing and what terminal he needs to transfer to for the domestic trip to Chongqing.

The question i have is: What terminal will Bob arrive in (Beijing) from the U.S. and what terminal will he need to go to for domestic flight to Chongqing?

It should say on his itinerary but if not go to the airline's website and find the same flight number for a soon leaving flight and see. Regardless he will have to make his way from a domestic terminal to an international terminal in SFO and international to domestic in PEK. Both cities airport's websites will have airport maps.

The subway connects the new and old terminals, but in one direction only (it then goes back to Beijing before returning to the airport loop).

Ground transportation is also available - shuttle buses or taxi - IF he needs to go from one terminal to another. He can walk between one and two, but three is a distance away.

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/beijing/capital-airport.htm

I'm 99% sure he will arrive at Terminal 3 (T3). That's the international terminal. There are a small number of international flights that depart and arrive from T1 and T2, but those are usually confined only to South Korea or Hong Kong or other nearby Asian countries. If he's flying in from San Francisco, I'd be shocked if he's not arriving to T3.

If his flight to Chongqing does not leave from T3, as the other guys said, there is an airport subway system or buses that can take him for free to T1 or T2 if that's where he has to go. If he can't figure it out, the people at the information desks or other foreigners or whoever can give him a push in the right direction I'm sure!

Edited by dan1984 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks guys.

Bob will be flying on Air China CA986 from SFO to PEK.

Then with the same flight number CA986 PEK To Chongqing

I checked on Flightaware for his flight CA986.

There are daily flights from SFO to PEK all flight arrived at T3.

His flight from PEK to Chongqing is also in T3.

So just to make sure i called the Air China.

They comfirmed arrival and depart from T3