Are You Really Middle Class?

Thomas Promise

Interesting results, indeed. I did it for two states and two counties - Lincoln County, Tennessee (where our house is) and Limestone County, Alabama, a six-iron from my front door. In both cases I was above the top end of middle class. I sure don't feel like it as we live in a modest house, in a rural area just outside a very small town, in a modest sub-development. Weird.

It isn't clear to me what criteria that they are using to determine what middle class means to them. In one of those article below that poll it states:

Americans, meanwhile, are having trouble building wealth because wages have stagnated for more than a decade. Median household income was $51,017 in 2012, compared to $56,080 in 1999, according to the Census Bureau's most recent statistics.

I took the poll and I am also above their level of what they call middle class. I have been lucky so far but I feel bad for the young people of America. Not sure what the future looks for them. Seems like they have a lot less opportunities in their future. I hope I am wrong and wish them the best. Danb