Robin Williams Passes

Robin Williams passes away at 63. Apparent suicide. Such a waste of a very talented actor.

An investigation into the death is reportedly underway, according to the Sheriff's Office, but the coroner suspects the death to be suicide due to asphyxia. Officials claim the actor was last seen alive at approximately 10 p.m. on Sunday, August 10.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/08/11/actor-robin-williams-death-confirmed-by-marin-county-sheriffs-d/20945304/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D513951

http://toprightnews.com/?p=5081

Classic bipolar disorder, I had a co worker who suffered from bipolar one day happy and excited other days quiet, then one day he did not come to work, few days later found dead of a self inflicted gun shot.

Bipolar is one of the most insidious and deadliest mental health problems a person could have. I personally know of 4 good people who were bipolar and took their own lives. I'm so sorry to hear of your mom, Dan.

So many folks with this malady take their medication for a bit, then because it doesn't give you a buzz, or in some loud and clear distinct manner show you that it IS working to level your manic and depressive moods, people will just stop taking the meds. They'll say, I feel okay, I don't need this stuff, and they stop their meds.

My daughter had a boyfriend who was bipolar....he was a gifted "metal" artist who was in demand and had a huge future ahead of him. He got into an arguement with my daughter one night in their 8th floor apartment in Philly...and he jumped out the damn window to his death. She had left the room, didn't hear him, went back and the room was empty and the window open. She looked down....and there his crumpled body was. I went to his funeral and spoke about what a fine young man he was. As we were standing around after the service I overheard his aunt telling someone "well, you know he was bipolar. He didn't have it bad, so his mom and father didn't often check to make sure he was taking his meds when he was still living at home." I heard that and I damn near went ballistic...."didn't have it bad"??????????? Jesus Fing CHRIST. You either have it or you don't. It is like pregnancy...you either are or you aren't. PERIOD.

I was so pissed off I had to step away. It came out a few days later when his mom told my daughter that he had even been in an institution for 2 months (for his bipolar condition) before he met my daughter, and he never told my kid that he had been diagnosed for bipolar, nor did he EVER take any meds for bipolar.

I wanted to go slap his damned parents in an attempt to wake them the F up!!!! Of course it was too late for that....and he only had it a little bit. I still could puke when I think about this kids death. ONly had it a little bit.

My daughter's mom is bipolar. I never knew it the 4 or 5 months I was dating her, and I never lived with her so I had no clue...but after my daughter was born I became a single parent when her mom tried to take her own life and I ran to Baltimore and took my kid out of that environment. When her mom admitted to me that she was bipolar I studied it as much a s I could. That's where I found out how serious this is. How deadly it is. And how downplayed it is to the general public. And then my daughter and I find out her boyfriend was bipolar. Dammit, my daughter would have made sure her boyfriend took his meds, she had lived through hell until I took her away from her mom...she knew how deadly this is.

ANyhow, they say Robin was bipolar, fought it all his life, didn't like to take the meds because it slowed down his incredible comedic mind...and he, like so many folks with this self medicated with drugs and or alcohol...instead of taking their proper meds. IN Robin's case he states alcohol was his main drug of choice. IT is so sad that folks with bipolar know they have a problem, but self medicate themselves, then tire of being sick and tired and fighting their demon everyday of their life, and then they decide enough is enough and end it.

Robin was a one in a billion comedic genius. I don't know why but it seems the best comedians suffer from depression. Jonathan Winters was my favorite comedian off all time. Like Robin he did this off the cuff, and so quick it would make boggle your mind that he could come up with so much truly hilarious material. It's one thing to do stand up, Robin and Jonathan Winters could do whole routines just off the top of his brain. THey say most of his lines in movies like Mrs. Doubtfire and Good Morning Vietnam were ad libbed. A true genius. So sad to lose such a truly funny and good guy. I don't understand why the best artistic minds have to lead tortured lives. IT almost seems like depression comes with the territory. And in Robin's case he fought taking his REAL meds, because it took off his edge.

tsap seui

Here is some ad libbing........no script here atall.....sorry I couldn't find the whole show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGhfxKUH80M&feature=player_detailpage

Looks like an ongoing investigation

Authorities say Robin Williams hanged himself

"We still have people we want to speak with, so there is some information we're going to withhold," Boyd said. "We're not discussing the note or a note at this point as the investigation is ongoing."

The Oscar-winning actor for years dealt with bouts of substance abuse and depression and referenced his struggles in his comedy routines. Just last month, Williams announced he was returning to a 12-step treatment program.

The circumstances of the death do not help explain what motivated him, suicide experts said. Understanding that would require a detailed "psychological autopsy" that includes the review of medical and other records, and interviews with family and friends.

These experts stressed that suicide rarely is triggered by a single factor, such as depression or substance abuse. Typically there are at least two such influences, often compounded by acute stress, such as from financial hardship or troubled personal relationships.

Bipolar is one of the most insidious and deadliest mental health problems a person could have. I personally know of 4 good people who were bipolar and took their own lives. I'm so sorry to hear of your mom, Dan.

So many folks with this malady take their medication for a bit, then because it doesn't give you a buzz, or in some loud and clear distinct manner show you that it IS working to level your manic and depressive moods, people will just stop taking the meds. They'll say, I feel okay, I don't need this stuff, and they stop their meds.

My daughter had a boyfriend who was bipolar....he was a gifted "metal" artist who was in demand and had a huge future ahead of him. He got into an arguement with my daughter one night in their 8th floor apartment in Philly...and he jumped out the damn window to his death. She had left the room, didn't hear him, went back and the room was empty and the window open. She looked down....and there his crumpled body was. I went to his funeral and spoke about what a fine young man he was. As we were standing around after the service I overheard his aunt telling someone "well, you know he was bipolar. He didn't have it bad, so his mom and father didn't often check to make sure he was taking his meds when he was still living at home." I heard that and I damn near went ballistic...."didn't have it bad"??????????? Jesus Fing CHRIST. You either have it or you don't. It is like pregnancy...you either are or you aren't. PERIOD.

I was so pissed off I had to step away. It came out a few days later when his mom told my daughter that he had even been in an institution for 2 months (for his bipolar condition) before he met my daughter, and he never told my kid that he had been diagnosed for bipolar, nor did he EVER take any meds for bipolar.

I wanted to go slap his damned parents in an attempt to wake them the F up!!!! Of course it was too late for that....and he only had it a little bit. I still could puke when I think about this kids death. ONly had it a little bit.

My daughter's mom is bipolar. I never knew it the 4 or 5 months I was dating her, and I never lived with her so I had no clue...but after my daughter was born I became a single parent when her mom tried to take her own life and I ran to Baltimore and took my kid out of that environment. When her mom admitted to me that she was bipolar I studied it as much a s I could. That's where I found out how serious this is. How deadly it is. And how downplayed it is to the general public. And then my daughter and I find out her boyfriend was bipolar. Dammit, my daughter would have made sure her boyfriend took his meds, she had lived through hell until I took her away from her mom...she knew how deadly this is.

ANyhow, they say Robin was bipolar, fought it all his life, didn't like to take the meds because it slowed down his incredible comedic mind...and he, like so many folks with this self medicated with drugs and or alcohol...instead of taking their proper meds. IN Robin's case he states alcohol was his main drug of choice. IT is so sad that folks with bipolar know they have a problem, but self medicate themselves, then tire of being sick and tired and fighting their demon everyday of their life, and then they decide enough is enough and end it.

Robin was a one in a billion comedic genius. I don't know why but it seems the best comedians suffer from depression. Jonathan Winters was my favorite comedian off all time. Like Robin he did this off the cuff, and so quick it would make boggle your mind that he could come up with so much truly hilarious material. It's one thing to do stand up, Robin and Jonathan Winters could do whole routines just off the top of his brain. THey say most of his lines in movies like Mrs. Doubtfire and Good Morning Vietnam were ad libbed. A true genius. So sad to lose such a truly funny and good guy. I don't understand why the best artistic minds have to lead tortured lives. IT almost seems like depression comes with the territory. And in Robin's case he fought taking his REAL meds, because it took off his edge.

tsap seui

Here is some ad libbing........no script here atall.....sorry I couldn't find the whole show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGhfxKUH80M&feature=player_detailpage

Thanks Tsapper, really appreciate it.

4 people in your life who have taken their own......I'm so sorry to hear. Being bipolar is a truly scary and deadly problem, and like you said, it's a constant struggle - be it on or off meds. I have not gone through this personally myself, so I don't want to pretend like I know what living with it is like, but as I said, I saw first hand it's effects - as have you - and it's not fun to say the least.

Robin Williams, hindsight is 20/20, I never really appreciated his true comedic genius until the past few days, as you said, a one in a billion talent. Seems like a truly kind and caring individual, with an immense amount of talent, but also his own personal demons. Going to go back and watch some of his movies once again over the next couple weeks.

Although not the same as being bipolar, a friend from Pennsylvania who I met here in Beijing passed away from cancer at the young age of 28 this past Sunday. She was in China for a few years in her early 20s, but returned home a couple years ago after getting cancer. Earlier this year she was back on the move visiting Australia and planned to come back to China, but just as quickly as she thought she won the battle, she succumbed to the cancer. She was a really positive person, super creative, and had big plans for the future, she will be sincerely missed. I believe she was coming back to China to continue her work with China Residencies, which she founded. I hope others will be able to continue on with her vision in her absence:

http://www.chinaresidencies.com/about

https://www.facebook.com/chinaresidencies

Definitely have to treasure everyday and every person, don't know when it will all be taken away...........

It is a real tragedy ot lose anyone to depression, or bipolar. They live a tortured life, often keeping the outside world at bay from their demons by self medicating....usually with alcohol. Bipolar is one insidious disease, a real killer.

• Like 1

James Taylor about Robin Williams:

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Misc%20Junk%20for%20posting/1610788_834094853279991_8522791707695240682_n_zpsb46df848.jpg

"I felt two things immediately when I got the news last night:

first that the light had dimmed and, on its heels, a sense that this was inevitable; that Robin had lived for a long time with a darkness at the periphery of his vision.

What must it have been like to be present when he improvised the genie in "Aladdin" or Lovelace in "Happy Feet?" His Texan, his gay stylist, his Soviet comedian, Mrs. Doubtfire…He was a one-man menagerie.

Perhaps, just as we were swept away, so was he.

I remember the small, uncontrollable chuckle that often accompanied his flights of fancy; as if he were as amazed as we were by what was happening to him.

Who can pretend to understand a gift like Robin Williams's? Meteoric, volcanic, fast and furious…Perhaps there is a price for such brilliance.

I'm so sad he's gone and so grateful he left us so much." ~ James Taylor

Apple.com...

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Misc%20Junk%20for%20posting/RobinWilliams_zpscdfa2797.jpg

http://www.apple.com/remembering-robin-williams/

http://www.apple.com/ (On the company home page)

Like tsapper, I studied bipolar as part of research I did on the life of Iris Chang. For those that don't know her, she was famous for writing The Rape of Nanking. She was also known for her strong defense of human rights.

She had been traveling and writing, traveling and writing. As her maid was helping her pack to go to Louisville for more research on her new book, the maid walked out and told Iris' mother that Iris should not go. She was acting very very tired. Iris would go on marathon writing sessions, often not sleeping for days. Some writers claim that was her "manic" state. She was an extremely talented writer, as bipolar people are known for: high talent, creativity and intelligence.

She collapsed in her hotel in Louisville and called her parents, who said she was having hallucinations from the television. She felt people were following her. With the help of another writer, who was a colonel in the army and his wife, a nurse, they got her to a hospital where the preliminary diagnosis was a "psychotic event." Likely bipolar.

From April of 2004 when she got back from Kentucky, until her death in November by gunshot, it was a massive episode of depression. The family finally decided to take Iris' child (who had Asperger's syndrome) to Illinois with her husband's parents. I believe this event was the final trigger, as finding out Robin had Parkinson's, that led her to seek suicide as a final answer. It is thought such is the way of all suicides. The sufferer of depression lives not every day but every minute, trying to keep their head above water. And then there is a triggering event, that pushes them over the edge. Death is the only answer when they see a future of more sadness and pain.

Her mother wrote a book (The Woman Who Could Not Forget -- Ying-Ying Chang) about the life of Iris Chang and her final moments. She is a Ph. D. in biochemistry (Harvard) and feels drugs were the cause of the problem, not the cure. Science is now rethinking the use of some drugs on Chinese people since they are so sensitive to drugs, especially when many never took an aspirin their entire lives. But Iris had been taking Chinese herbal medicines at the same time, so there is still controversy about Iris' medical condition.

The day after she took her life along a beautiful stretch of road south of Los Gatos, CA, mental health clinics were flooded with Chinese American women. For them, the stigma of seeing a psychologist was overcome. They finally decided depression is a disease.

My Chinese wife told me she had tried to kill herself with drugs when she lived in China. I try to watch her every single moment I can, and really try to keep her happy. Anyone who tries once will likely try again.

I miss Iris Chang. I know her family and they are wonderful people. Her father is the strongest and probably the smartest man I have ever met. You would not know that to talk to him. He is quiet and reserved, as only a Ph.D in physics (Harvard) can be.

There are still rumors of Iris' death. I guess there will be with Robin Williams. But I think the Chinese are prone to rumors since they seem accustomed to their government lying to them. Some still mistakenly believe that Japanese agents killed her for her punishing book on what the Japanese Imperial Army did to China at Nanking (Nanjing).

Her book is a good read, if you can get through it.

Sorry I feel this way, but...It just pisses me off he took himself out this way. Perhaps I would have done the same in life if not for what I believed, and now know, that it does no good. You can't kill the spirit person you really are. You can't not exist. It is impossible, as far as I know. You only kill the body. So, then you have to live with yourself after killing your body off. But probably being polarized myself, I understand, but what a bad example for others. Dang Robin! But he probably did not know what I know, how sad. We can only wish that others like him will find some peace, to not do this. Of course it is not like murder, but still, dangit, just pisses me off. I like him and Johnathon, naked on a pole :D