Here about the "Star Card" Yet???

http://whnt.com/2013/12/30/star-id-required-for-domestic-air-travelers-by-december-2014/

Looks like the good folks at Homeland Insecurity are hard at work. Wanna fly domestically?

Of course, that is only if you are secure, trusted, and reliable :rotfl: Of which, by our sorry system of lawyers and equal rights crap for criminals, I am sure everyone breathing oxygen in America will be judged secure, trusted and reliable....I'm just not what it is that we are supposed to be secure, trusted, and reliable for? Making bombs? Hating America? :dunno:

It sounds like something a kindergartner came up with, guaranteed to have more holes than illegal immigration laws. :yay:

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

New ways to make our lives a pain in the ass.

I wonder if NY DL is sufficient, one option in NY is an enhanced DL which is sufficient to prove citizenship to Canadian and US boarder crossings. This is $30 additional to the normal cost of a DL in NY State

Or perhaps a passport card, $30 to those who have a passport and $55 for first time applicants.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/information/card.html

Green-card is also valid ID for domestic travel.

Then again since we all are international travelers, we all have passports, and can simply bring it when flying or visiting places that will require a "Real-ID"

From reading...

http://www.dhs.gov/real-id-public-faqs

Can I use my driver’s license to board an aircraft?

Yes. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) will continue to accept driver’s licenses and state-issued identification cards from all jurisdictions no earlier than 2016.

DHS will ensure the public has ample advanced notice before identification requirements for boarding aircraft change. That notice will include information on the process for individuals with a non-compliant driver’s license or identification card to be able to travel by aircraft.

Will TSA accept identity documents other than driver’s licenses?

Yes. TSA currently accepts other forms of identity documents such as a passport or Permanent Residency Card and will continue to do so.

For more information on acceptable forms of identification for boarding aircraft, please see TSA’s website ( http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/acceptable-ids )

May Federal agencies accept my Enhanced Driver’s License?

Yes. State Enhanced Driver’s Licenses (EDLs) designated as acceptable border-crossing documents by DHS under the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) are acceptable for official federal purposes such as accessing a Federal facility or boarding a commercial aircraft. Individual agency policies may still apply.

Michigan, New York, Vermont, and Washington are the only states that currently issue EDLs. For more information on EDLs, please go to http://www.dhs.gov/enhanced-drivers-licenses-what-are-they

REAL ID does NOT apply to the following:

• Entering Federal facilitates that do not require a person to present identification
  • Voting or registering to vote
  • Applying for or receiving Federal benefits
  • Being licensed by a state to drive
  • Accessing Health or life preserving services (including hospitals and health clinics), law enforcement, or constitutionally protected activities (including a defendant’s access to court proceedings)
  • Participating in law enforcement proceedings or investigations

Dan, reading the link again it looks like US citizens can just use their passports. When we will all have to have this dumbassed new drivers license is most likely just around the corner, I reckon.

This is incredibly stupid. -- No it's stoopid! Gee, I get a gold star; damn, Ronnie, you're right just like kindergarten. So driver's licenses lack integrity. How long till said integrity stars lose their luster?

This is incredibly stupid. -- No it's stoopid! Gee, I get a gold star; damn, Ronnie, you're right just like kindergarten. So driver's licenses lack integrity. How long till said integrity stars lose their luster?

Kyle, I think this is evidence of the dumbing down of America that started when they passed the laws that everyone would graduate high school. Whoever wrote this up for the our Department Homeland Insecurity jackals probably graduated high school at the 5th grade level. And, he probably got a few gold stars by his name for writing it up.

It says we can use our passport as US citizens, or green cards as LPR's. I'm not giving Uncle Sam 2 cents towards getting a drivers license, with a kindergarteners gold star on it, from an agency that should be taken out and shot...LOL...they aren't making anyone secure.

I heard somebody (maybe an illegal alien) got a ride on a plane (domestic flight) the other day....and he didn't even have a ticket for the flight. What???? Sounds like TSA workers went to the same high school as the DHS worker.

Rawknee

• Like 1

Kyle, I think this is evidence of the dumbing down of America that started when they passed the laws that everyone would graduate high school. Whoever wrote this up for the our Department Homeland Insecurity jackals probably graduated high school at the 5th grade level. And, he probably got a few gold stars by his name for writing it up.

It says we can use our passport as US citizens, or green cards as LPR's. I'm not giving Uncle Sam 2 cents towards getting a drivers license, with a kindergarteners gold star on it, from an agency that should be taken out and shot...LOL...they aren't making anyone secure.

I heard somebody (maybe an illegal alien) got a ride on a plane (domestic flight) the other day....and he didn't even have a ticket for the flight. What???? Sounds like TSA workers went to the same high school as the DHS worker.

Rawknee

Here ya go buddy,

Seen this on the news the other day.

San Jose airport officials downplay stowaway's security risk; LAX police say her actions were 'big deal'

Sounds like TSA workers went to the same high school as the DHS worker.

Rawknee

The slandering and smearing of country, government, government workers (should that include vets?) and agencies has reached hysterical and indefensible heights in this thread? What the hell? Whiners!

Greg

Greg, ol' buddy, I don't know what your problem is, but I'm willing to give you more than you gave me as far as any benefit of the doubt as to knowing what I'm talking about. You are entitled to your opinion of me, since it's me that you quoted but after you have walked a few steps in this veteran's combat boots.... maybe then you can call me a whiner. I have had dealings with every agency I, in your words, "hysterically" "slandered". Thats BS, there was nothing slanderous or hysterical about the truth I spoke about those agencies, and I was very specific in the agencies I spoke about, where did I diss the country I volunteered to defend? Not your fault for not having been around longer, but if you had you'd know the crap I have been through with every agency I spoke about. I only talk about what I know about from real world experience with those agencies. I don't sit around in my computer chair making stuff up, nor do I sit in the safety of my computer chair calling folks I have no clue about "whiners". :whistling:

You got a problem with me, send me a PM. I'll be more than happy to explain myself, no problemo, and, you don't have to jump totally out of line to do so, my man. :victory:

Some folks, without asking for it or doing anything wrong, have gotten to see the underbelly of some of these agencies, I hope you get to live a very happy sheltered life without any misguided agencies ever stompin' your toes flat in their zeal. :)

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Rawknee

Now now, I have a different opinion of this. I DO believe it is a University Grad, and probably with an advanced degree. Ol Pres Kennedy started all this Univ degree biz and now it is in Gov/t contracts.

We may have chosen the first 7 astronauts with a requirement of being a college grad, but I tell ya. Many an engineer who got them up there and to the moon were self educated with no degree. I know of engineers, with no degree, that still do the backbone of some aerospace companies. Their employer hires a degreed engineer to sign their engineering as if they did it, yes still to this day, to satisfy the contract. Got a lot of educated idiots out there....

yes just my ol humble opinion. And yeah I wish I had one of them there degreesee.

Rawknee

Now now, I have a different opinion of this. I DO believe it is a University Grad, and probably with an advanced degree. Ol Pres Kennedy started all this Univ degree biz and now it is in Gov/t contracts.

We may have chosen the first 7 astronauts with a requirement of being a college grad, but I tell ya. Many an engineer who got them up there and to the moon were self educated with no degree. I know of engineers, with no degree, that still do the backbone of some aerospace companies. Their employer hires a degreed engineer to sign their engineering as if they did it, yes still to this day, to satisfy the contract. Got a lot of educated idiots out there....

yes just my ol humble opinion. And yeah I wish I had one of them there degreesee.

Doug, I know exactly what you mean. I have a very good friend who is a much sought after engineering consultant who has no degree, but is just an awesome mind that he is miles ahead of most everyone else. He has worked on numerous large projects over the years and here in the Huntsville area, which is loaded with aerospace companies, defense contractors, and home to the Marshall Space Flight Center, he is never without multiple offers. I remember I knew he was going to be something special when, at age 12, he performed a successful heart transplant on a rabbit. The ASPCA got in a real huff about it as I recall, but the rabbit lived a long life post-surgery.

I hear what you both say, Douggie and Doc. I have nothing against higher education at all. When I talked about the dumbing down of America, that sequence of events started a LONG time after JFK's time, maybe in the 80's when the schools started the practice that everyone passes, everyone gets gold stars by their names. I saw the effects of that with some of my employees. I could read and write, even carry on a conversation better than them when I was in the second and third grades for Chrissakes. The topic of this thread was about this new drivers license with a gold star on it....that is supposed to make us all safer when we get onto a plane in America. It looked to me like some kid in the DHS doesn't even know what most states require to get a drivers license to begin with...birth certificates, actual showing of your SS card, and various proofs that you live in their state and pay utility bills, whatever.

When the powers to be make mistakes like letting people on planes with no tickets, or they take folks out of line on returning to America and do everything but strip search them (as happened to me in Newark) talk loud and accusatory to them, treat them like shit and waste an hour and a half of your time on some trumped up profiling of passengers where they get to show their complete asses while they act like heroes and hide behind the veil of the two most terroristic words I can think of Homeland Security??? Well, I never minded the delays and searches when I was inline at security checkpoints and I often thank the TSA workers for their diligence...it was the being taken into a locked room with customs/DHS punks with badges that showed me the underbelly of the beast. As well as the shity treatment of my wife and then 10 year old son by some dumb cun ...er ah...American bitch at their first interviews and the subsequent hiding behind those two awful idiotic words that got introduced into our society...Homeland Security as they ripped more than 4 years out of our lives for absolutely NO GOOD REASON. Yeah, they are stupid idiots with apparently no adult supervision. THEY proved it themselves, and certainly didn't need me sitting in a computer making anything up about them.

We used to have a saying in the Army...."What is the difference between the CUb Scouts of America, and the Army? The Cub Scouts have adult leadership." Boy, did I ever come to see the truth in that answer.

As far as fancy college educations and degrees. Take a look at Kennedy's cabinet of Yale and Harvard and other Ivy leaguers....LOL...One of the very best books I have ever read about the Vietnam war is called "The Best and the Brightest" by David Halberstam. Yeah, take a read of that book and see how the best and the brightest Kennedy could put together in their elitist top of the world cloud, with all of their degrees. How did that one work out Harvard? Looks like you weren't paying attention in the Reality of Life class.

I respect folks that get their degrees, hell I was even working on one myself when I changed course and volunteered to be a human sacrifice, or better yet, cannon fodder, for the best and the brightest....all because I trusted my country to do the right thing no matter what. The joke was on me on that one. :rotfl: I just don't see that (since we're now talkin' about degrees and such in this thread) degrees are the end all. It worked out for my multi-millionaire brother to get his dental degree and I am very proud of him for studying all of those years and building his practice up to where it is now (he had the piece of paper on the wall, but he did the actual work)....but....other than my brother, in my life and what I have seen, and even done myself with no degree other than my desire to succeed degree....most all of the richest and smartest folks I ever got to know, did it themselves with their own wits and their own drive to succeed. None of them needed a professor. They were all entrepreneurs, and self made men and women.

Yeah, I sent and paid for my daughter to go to college, as well as standing behind my son now as he goes. But I know, if they listened to my simple words they could make much better money and never be at the beck and call of...a boss. And so it goes.....

tsap seui

Yeah, Imma blue collar guy through and through...throw rocks at me if you must :victory: As well, I am an American combat veteran, I jes don't buy into the propaganda forced down our throats, and preached as the gospel truth anymore. That took my degree in Real Life and How Things Really Are to become aware. :winkiss:

• Like 1

....Not your fault for not having been around longer, but if you had you'd know the crap I have been through with every agency I spoke about. I only talk about what I know about from real world experience with those agencies. I don't sit around in my computer chair making stuff up, nor do I sit in the safety of my computer chair calling folks I have no clue about "whiners". :whistling:

You whine a lot. You find a story on the Star ID and immediately determine it's a failure and you guarantee it's full of holes and it's worthy of kindergartner thinking. You're really sure of this? Maybe you should alert the DHS and explain how you've got this all figured out.

I know you had an extra long road to getting the visa/GC for your family - I have been here long enough to know that - because you mention it often. I can't blame you for starting the diatribe against people with college degrees but you went off on that one, too. So, DHS people can't do their job, and college degrees are way over-rated because you know some people who made a lot of money without one.

Do you really think your experience is the same for everybody? Do you think really think people who can't think beyond kindergarten level not only work at DHS but are running the show? Do you really think that? I doubt it. So why do you push that view into so many threads on this forum? I think people deserve the benefit of the doubt that they are professional and most of them are trying hard to do their job right. Because those people are you and me and are families and friends. Talk about hiding behind a keyboard.

Greg