Help, I think there is something wrong with my wife.

ama537621

We had 3 rooms in the new house measured for flooring install thru Home Depot. When we were ordering at the store today she said several things that make me think she recently had a head injury.

She said instead of us painting the 1/4 round molding why not just buy it already painted to match the floor. She also said that we should pay for the flooring install, and have them install the molding as well.

Has anyone of your wives started acting in this weird and unexplainable manner?

Sounds to me that, sadly, your wife is becoming more westernized in her thinking... :sosad: Has some of you rubbed off on her? :lol:

Yep! being in America has changed her for sure.

My wife has done the same.

She has learned being in America buying cheap (as they do in china) does not pay off in America.

You get what you pay for.

Go with it man and spend the money while you can.

One thing you'll find, though, is that in China, there IS no Do It Yourself culture. Delivery and Installation are usually free for just about anything you buy. Cleanup, on the other hand, is left for the homeowner. Not for the big finishing projects, of course, but (for example) if an installer has to drill holes in the wall, he'll leave a little pile of debris on the floor for you to clean up.

One thing you'll find, though, is that in China, there IS no Do It Yourself culture. Delivery and Installation are usually free for just about anything you buy. Cleanup, on the other hand, is left for the homeowner. Not for the big finishing projects, of course, but (for example) if an installer has to drill holes in the wall, he'll leave a little pile of debris on the floor for you to clean up.

:roller:

so very true.

I don't understand what's wrong with that suggestion. To me, her head is perfectly intact.

Like Randy said, there isn't a DIY culture in China and no store like Home Depot. Chinese usually contract professionals to do home decoration. Well, your wife probably didn't know how professional you are and how much you enjoying do the paint.

If this is what you are talking about, I would probably say the same thing, " Honey, why don't we just buy the painted one. " A little more money, but save time and energy. She might want you to spend more with her instead of painting these moldings. :victory:

http://images.meredith.com/diy/images/2008/12/p_SCTC_138_05.jpg

I

We had 3 rooms in the new house measured for flooring install thru Home Depot. When we were ordering at the store today she said several things that make me think she recently had a head injury.

She said instead of us painting the 1/4 round molding why not just buy it already painted to match the floor. She also said that we should pay for the flooring install, and have them install the molding as well.

If you could just relax and say "yes dear you are right." Then you would reap great rewards.

If you could just relax and say "yes dear you are right." Then you would reap great rewards.

These are truly wise words Cuzin' Charles! It is obvious that you, Grasshopper, have learned your lessons well. One must walk across the rice paper without leaving even the slightest tear or imprint. The answer to the koan is indeed that: "Yes dear, your are right. How stupid of me to think otherwise."

• Like 1