Need some help (Going in circles with the IRS)

NUWORLD

Well here it is today 07/29/2014 and Bob has not received his refund from the IRS.

Just to bring everyone up to speed.

Lets go back to 04/14/2014

Filed 1040ez with a ITIN aplication for his wife. (Married filing jointly)

Packet was sent out on this day.

4 weeks latter we get ITIN issued (Received copy of ITIN in mail) and packet and all tax forms forwarded to the refund office.

3 weeks latter packet with all tax forms returned with a RFE stating no ITIN received from the ITIN division.

Though there WAS/IS a copy of the ITIN included in this packet that was forwarded.

So long story some stupid ass at the IRS can't read or look through all the papers to see there IS a ITIN form included.

So knowing the people were dealing with, WE send them what they want. Again!!

AS for State taxes, No problem, We send them the state forms with a copy of the ITIN.

Refund received no problem.

So now here we are 07/29/2014 and no refund.

Go to irs.gov Where is my refund.

Enter info, Nothing.

It only says (We can not provide any info on your refund at this time)

So not were not giving up now.

Tried to call every number we could fine to get a LIVE PERSON ON THE PHONE!! at the IRS

Well, Push 1 for english.

Push 2 for refund status.

You know the drill and of course no option to talk to a live person to ask a simple question.

I'm so pissed off at this moment i already chucked one phone out our second story window because the battery died trying to get some one on the phone.

It's no wonder out fu...k up country is ....................................?

Never mind, Just going on a long over due rant.

OK...... Take a breath mike..... Relax and breath...........

My question: Is there a number that i/we could talk to a live and living person at the IRS only to ask what is going on with this return?

It's hard to believe we just sent out there I-130 packet yesterday and now we will deal with more stupid brainless asses

and i ask myself why?????? just amazing our world has come to this, America The Stupid. Unbelievable!

Sorry for the rant but it was needed.

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

Never any fun to deal with Unca Sammy, no matter what branch.

I don't know any phone numbers for the people who lose their emails and even the NSA can't find them but if it were me I'd go to your local yokel office and inquire. Going through the immigration process I learned how to deal with them folks in person, here in Altoona, seein' as how I didn't have enough fingers to push all the buttons you have to push on a phone to talk to a live person.

Good luck

tsap seui

I believe that once you HAVE an ITIN, you then only need to put the number on the tax form - it functions EXACTLY as if it were an SS number. Why would he be including additional ITIN forms?

Basically, I don't understand what you're saying here - is he applying for a NEW ITIN, or does he already have one?

4 weeks latter we get ITIN issued (Received copy of ITIN in mail) and packet and all tax forms forwarded to the refund office.

3 weeks latter packet with all tax forms returned with a RFE stating no ITIN received from the ITIN division.

Though there WAS/IS a copy of the ITIN included in this packet that was forwarded.

If he is applying for a NEW ITIN (which I THOUGHT was the case), it should have been mailed to the address on the ITIN form, NOT to the regular IRS tax form mailing address.

ITIN stands for Individual Taxpayer Identification Number - it looks EXACTLY like an SS number. Does he have this number ON THE TAX FORMS? or did he mail ALL tax forms INCLUDING the ITIN application to the address for the ITIN?

I believe that once you HAVE an ITIN, you then only need to put the number on the tax form - it functions EXACTLY as if it were an SS number. Why would he be including additional ITIN forms?

Basically, I don't understand what you're saying here - is he applying for a NEW ITIN, or does he already have one?

If he is applying for a NEW ITIN (which I THOUGHT was the case), it should have been mailed to the address on the ITIN form, NOT to the regular IRS tax form mailing address.

ITIN stands for Individual Taxpayer Identification Number - it looks EXACTLY like an SS number. Does he have this number ON THE TAX FORMS? or did he mail ALL tax forms INCLUDING the ITIN application to the address for the ITIN?

Yes this is the case.

The ITIN was entered on the tax form and forwarded to the correct office. AGAIN! two times now

Back in 06 when i did this for my wife we had no problems, were doing the same as then.

The way it looks now the IRS can't read plain english and 4 grand is ???????????????? maybe gone?

Bottom line now! Need to speak to a live operator, Someone that is breathing and living.

No, push 1 for english and so on we all been down this road before.

Is this what our government has come to? Robots? no live operators?

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

You need to get a tax lawyer or accountant to review your forms. What you are saying doesn't seem to be complete.

If he has an ITIN, then he only needs the number - no additional forms are needed.

This is what doesn't make sense - why would they be expecting ANYTHING from the ITIN division? What do you mean by "a copy of the ITIN"?

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

This SOUNDS to me like the tax return, with an ITIN application (Form W-7) was submitted to the IRS tax division, rather than the ITIN processing office. If he already HAS an ITIN, he should have simply written the number on the tax form.

Because you are filing your tax return as an attachment to your ITIN application, you should not mail your return to the address listed in the Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ instructions. Instead, send your return, Form W-7 and proof of identity and foreign status documents to:

Internal Revenue Service
Austin Service Center
ITIN Operation
P.O. Box 149342
Austin, TX 78714-9342

This SOUNDS to me like the tax return, with an ITIN application (Form W-7) was submitted to the IRS tax division, rather than the ITIN processing office. If he already HAS an ITIN, he should have simply written the number on the tax form.

Because you are filing your tax return as an attachment to your ITIN application, you should not mail your return to the address listed in the Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ instructions. Instead, send your return, Form W-7 and proof of identity and foreign status documents to:

Internal Revenue Service

Austin Service Center

ITIN Operation

P.O. Box 149342

Austin, TX 78714-9342

This IS the address the ITIN aplication was sent to in the first place.

ITIN was issued and notice of this was sent to us.

Then all tax papers sent back to Bob stating no ITIN was received with tax forms and to refile.

There was indeed a ITIN number because they (THE IRS) intered the number on his tax return and attached a copy of ITIN)

Everything was redone and resent again as they wanted and still 3 month later nothing.

And to make things more confusing Bob tells me he just received Another ITIN in the mail yesterday.

Though it has the same number as the first the notice date is different.

Internal Revenue Service

Austin Service Center

ITIN Operation

P.O. Box 149342

Austin, TX 78714-9342

This IS the address the ITIN aplication was sent to in the first place.

ITIN was issued and notice of this was sent to us.

Then all tax papers sent back to Bob stating no ITIN was received with tax forms and to refile.

There was indeed a ITIN number because they (THE IRS) intered the number on his tax return and attached a copy of ITIN)

Everything was redone and resent again as they wanted and still 3 month later nothing.

And to make things more confusing Bob tells me he just received Another ITIN in the mail yesterday.

Though it has the same number as the first the notice date is different.

Hopefully, this means that the 1040 has her ITIN number on it? If so, yes, he's done about all he can.

But perhaps the ITIN forms ARE confusing the issue, since he had already been issued one. That is, in hindsight, perhaps it would have been better to leave those out when resubmitting.