Q2 visa I got I have to leave China every 90 days? Anyway to change it

blue.rock

I got a Q2 Visa to visit my wife and her family (My wife is Chinese) and stay there for 2 years. The problem is I have to leave every 90 days. someone previously mentioned that there's was for 180 day entries. Am I destined to leave to Hong Kong every 90 days? Is there anyway to change this to 180 days? Or I heard I can possibly get a resident permit in China? Or I also heard After the first 90 days I can request an extension? I don't wanna have to go to Hong Kong 8 times over the next 4 years, and I am wiling to request a new Visa and pay the fee again in order to avoid the 90 day limitation.

Any advice?

I believe you may be able to extend stay at the local PSB without having to make trips out of the country.

The local PSB will be able to help you with all details. You may need to purchase a new longer term visa after your entry into China. The visas issued by the PSB will generally allow unlimited stays. The new visa types simply give more control to the PSB than the overseas consulates.

I have been here since Dec., 2009, and haven't left the country except for a short trip in Jan., 2011.