How Crazy is American Men?

Joecy

Yeah she still has not taken a liking to growing anything. I don't push her if she was to take it up one day I want her to enjoy it and not hate it. Fresh vegetables that you grow yourself are so good but they are not free. It take fertilizer, bug spray and a lot of chopping weeds or pulling them up depending on how big your garden is. Good luck on your gardening and I hope that you like it.

Larry

I like so much when I hear "don't push her" :)

Thank you Larry! Is that an old car in your picture?

I guess these things just sound so natural growing up in the US, or seeing your father or grandfather did the same things.

My dad had a comment when he first visit the US: The Americans are so diligent, even 70 year old paint their own house!

I think he would have problem to buy a paint brush in Lowes, way tooooo many choices!!!!

Yes, Joecy that was my car in high school that my parents bought for me for graduating high school. It is a 1967 Ford, Mustang fastback. A lot of car collectors like them.

Larry

er.... mustang #$%^&*()

you are speaking foreign language now :whistling:

My wife has a multitude of flowers, peony, daffodils, tulips, crocus, roses, iris, azaleas, pansies, impatiens, geraniums, dahlias, hydrangeas and probably more I'm not thinking of. She also grows table grapes, snow peas, Chinese long beans, tomatoes, chili peppers and some medicine plants I have no idea what they are. We also have 2 cherry trees, an apple tree and an Asian pear tree. She's a city girl, born and raised in Nanning with no place to grow anything. Her farming experience comes from 2 years she was forced to go work in the countryside during the cultural revolution.

I've been a woodworker most of my life. It's my profession. About 3 years ago I got bored with building furniture and started building acoustic guitars. Her friends and coworkers are always amazed that I can build something so complex. I think it gives her a little bit of face.

I had to look up all the name of the flowers, don't know when will I be able to remember the flower vocabulary .... :headbang:

Yes, making acoustic guitars is SUPER SUPER cool to Chinese !!!! I only know one famous Taiwanese singer(Li Zong Shen, maybe your wife heard about him) do that.

My in law's significant other makes and repairs fiddle. His job had nothing to do with instrument though.

He also collect many fiddles. Purchase broken one and fix them. I had huge admiration for him.

Looks like we may need to add one more CRAZINESS to the list!

Edited by Joecy (see edit history)