RIP Johnny Winter at 70

I am in black arm band mourning. Johnny was my absolute favorite guitar man. I wore out three copies of his album "Second Winter," which in my book was one of the finest collections of blues/rock/jazz ever made. This man came up hard and for much of his early career, lived hard. He had a long battle with heroin but beat it after a rehab in New Orleans. I loved this man and his music. He will be sorely missed. This means my two favorites are gone now, the other being Stevie Ray Vaughan, who openly stated many times that Johnny Winter was one of his biggest influences. I would post one of his songs here, but I still can't open YouTube with this damn computer problem. RIP Johnny.

• Like 1

Here is interview with Johnny when he turned 70. He was busy, touring right up to the end. Jeez, I hate to see him go, but he left us one heck of a legacy. If you ever get a chance to listen to his old album Second Winter, don't miss it. It was a strange album in that it was a double album with three sides of music. The fourth side was totally blank. The line notes said they had too much music for one record, but to cram it all on two sides would reduce the needed volume, so they put it out on three sides. Anywaze, here be the interview: