Affidavit of Support question

I was unemployed during 2012 for a year thus my income wasn't higher than 125% poverty level. I make a good living in the software industry so all other years I should be good. Is my unemployment in 2012 going to be a problem for my K-1 application?

No, it should not as long as your current year return, employer letter and recent pay stubs show steady current employment.

• 5 months later...

Along those same lines, I spent the past four years as a student, with almost no income. I am now a teacher in China. I will soon be starting an accredited MA in Education - TESOL, so I should be able to later get a good job back in the States. I am getting my father as a co-sponsor in the I-864. Will my lack of jobs in the past create a horrible problem for my application to get a green card for my wife? (I hope to file the I-130 in January. I hope we will have the green card by June.)

Along those same lines, I spent the past four years as a student, with almost no income. I am now a teacher in China. I will soon be starting an accredited MA in Education - TESOL, so I should be able to later get a good job back in the States. I am getting my father as a co-sponsor in the I-864. Will my lack of jobs in the past create a horrible problem for my application to get a green card for my wife? (I hope to file the I-130 in January. I hope we will have the green card by June.)

No, It has no bearing on this, this is why you are getting a Joint sponsor.