Hi Everyone,

I know this may be a bit far afield, but I have a question that I have been unable to find an answer to. Has anyone here had any experience with GI2C (Get Into China) recruitment company. My Stepson just graduated from UVA McIntire School of Commerce. He studied Finance and Information Technology. He is very interested in investment banking, private equity, and corporate finance. Since he is now fluent in Mandarin and facile in English, we determined that he should capitalize on these strengths by seeking a job with a multinational company. During out searches we discovered GI2C, contacted them, and they say they have found him an unpaid internship with China Bridge Capital. I have done some research to see if these two companies are legit (am still checking them out), but I wondered if anyone here has had any dealings with either of them. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. We are a little worried that one or both of them may be fraudulent.

I know nothing about either of these two companies, except that their main web sites appear legitimate.

You may want to Google the term "unpaid internship", though, if you haven't already. Investing in China seems to be falling out of favor these days. Maybe an import/export company might be a better choice.

Maybe I would have worded that differently if I had read this more carefully - "He studied Finance and Information Technology. He is very interested in investment banking, private equity, and corporate finance."

The "unpaid internship" thing may or may not work for him - just make sure you and he know what he's getting into (okay - which is exactly why you posted this - sorry I can't help with better advice).

If I remember correctly, a few friends of mine used GI2C (Get Into China) for their visa services and did not have any problems - not sure if the company still offers these visa services or not.............