Monthly interviews during the whole time staying in China!? What a

Simpetus

Hi there!

I am new here.

Firstly, sorry for my English, it is very rusty.

I am desperate in my situation. I am in China, my wife is Chinese, and we are going to change my Xuexi Juliu Xuke to Tuanju Juliu Xuke. Everything is OK, exept one big obstacle, they say that I will need to attend interview once at month during the whole time me staying in China! In Bejing there is no such kind of restrictions, in Harbin there is no such restrictions either, heck, even the Chinese law states that interview is only needed when I am applying for VISA, not change . Moreover, interview is only needed if I have not been in China before. I am not a criminal!
What can I do in my situation? Is there anywhere, or anyone I can address to?

Will be very glad for any advice.

Thanks in advance.

Eugene

Welcome to CFL. Occasional visits to the PSB are common however I suppose what ever they wish can be required. Randy is our resident expert on living in China. I'm sure he'll be along to give you some good advice.

Welcome to CFL. Occasional visits to the PSB are common however I suppose what ever they wish can be required. Randy is our resident expert on living in China. I'm sure he'll be along to give you some good advice.

Thanks for warm welcome. I am really glad to become part of that community.

Occasional visits to the PSB (like a month before my Juliu Xukezheng expire) it is OK for me, but visits to PSB every month?! My wife's Hukou is in some small town in Gansu. I cannot make such long run from BJ to there every time, no such time no such money and to me it is violations of my rights. There are no such restrictions anywhere and I think that officials just worried about responsibility. Furthermore, the officials said that they can give only 180 days Juliu xuke... What does that mean?It is her native town, should not it be 1 to 3 years? I just cannot get it. There is one law, but in every Province and town it could be interpreted in the ways that are most suitable for local officials. Just cannot express how angry I am...

Edited by Simpetus (see edit history)

Simpetus.

You are a visitor to their country.

EVEN If they required you to leave and re-enter the country every month you have only 2 choices:

1) leave and re-enter the country every month

2) leave and don't come back

Whether in America or China makes no difference, you must obey what the government enforcers require. (note I didn't say what the law requires)

In America, and in China you could go to the court, but there is no guarantee you will win in either country, and if you make the law enforcement officers loose face, in either country trouble will find you, especially if you win in court!

We don't mind if you complain here, I would also complain, but do not cause yourself MORE pain than necessary.

Work with the psb, do as they ask, and make them happy.

My opinion is that in China, guan xi is often the best solution to problem.

You are there, you know this, perhaps you just wanted to vent.

• Like 2

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is "Juliu Xukezheng?" I lived in China for five years, but I am not familiar with that term. Of course, it was many years ago that I lived there (1997-2003). Perhaps terms have changed.

From what I can surmise roughly translates to detention and permit. Which I take as residency permit.

From what I can surmise roughly translates to detention and permit. Which I take as residency permit.

I figure that's what he is talking about, Dan. I Googled it, but all I got was jibberish, plus something about a permit to broadcast a drama. ????

• Like 1

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is "Juliu Xukezheng?" I lived in China for five years, but I am not familiar with that term. Of course, it was many years ago that I lived there (1997-2003). Perhaps terms have changed.

I do not know why, but I cannot input Chinese characters here. They appear in draft, but when I post they become unreadable. Juliu Xukezheng is Residence permit (Study Residence perimit Xuexi Juliuxukezheng, Family Reunion Tuanju Juliuxukezheng).

I do not know why, but I cannot input Chinese characters here. They appear in draft, but when I post they become unreadable. Juliu Xukezheng is Residence permit (Study Residence perimit Xuexi Juliuxukezheng, Family Reunion Tuanju Juliuxukezheng).

Strange, the site does do Chinese.

居留许可证 = Residence Permit.

Must be something wrong with computer's input methods.

Simpetus.

You are a visitor to their country.

EVEN If they required you to leave and re-enter the country every month you have only 2 choices:

1) leave and re-enter the country every month

2) leave and don't come back

Whether in America or China makes no difference, you must obey what the government enforcers require. (note I didn't say what the law requires)

In America, and in China you could go to the court, but there is no guarantee you will win in either country, and if you make the law enforcement officers loose face, in either country trouble will find you, especially if you win in court!

We don't mind if you complain here, I would also complain, but do not cause yourself MORE pain than necessary.

Work with the psb, do as they ask, and make them happy.

My opinion is that in China, guan xi is often the best solution to problem.

You are there, you know this, perhaps you just wanted to vent.

Cannot fully agree with you. When we were in process of registration of our marriage, the officials were constantly denying our request, because a lot of other country couples(America, Japan etc. I am Russian) have more papers then us. It is because they have registered they marriage in other country first, then went through legalization process, but as I have already was in China the package of papers was different. From the position of law, we have had all rights to register our marriage (I have had a conversation with friends which also registered their marriage in China frist), but just of some stupid official, who was unprofessional and, because of that, afraid of any responsibility, our request was denied at the beginning. Considering it was not the city of our staying (we have not rent a room or apartment there, were living in a hotel) and the tickets were expensive, the one thing we were able to do is to be rough with them. On the second day after first denial, me and my wife went there for the second time, while my wife were doing the talk, I was busy with my phone, making video. And you know what? It worked out! She stopped talking with us loudly and angrily, gave us the phone number of another official, who was on vacation (spring festival and stuff). We gave her a call, explained the matter, and on the next day we have Jiehunzheng in our pockets.

Strange, the site does do Chinese.

居留许可证 = Residence Permit.

Must be something wrong with computer's input methods.

Nope, nothing wrong with input method. Even if I Copy-past unicode text it become unreadable after posting. Also, when I quote someone that " " appears before and after the quote.

Either something with the forum, either with my firefox.

Edited by Simpetus (see edit history)

Yes, you are at the mercy of the local officials as to what they will give you in the way of permission to stay. For my first year, I had a work permit (for the local Teacher's college) and a residence permit. Then, for the next 2 years, they would only give me an unresyricyed L-visa. When the visa categories were tightened lsst year, I got a residence permit. None of these required that I leave the country - each was for 360 days duration. No interview wad required at any point.

We are out of town until Sunday (now in Yangshuo) - I'll be better able to talk at that time.

Yes, you are at the mercy of the local officials as to what they will give you in the way of permission to stay. For my first year, I had a work permit (for the local Teacher's college) and a residence permit. Then, for the next 2 years, they would only give me an unresyricyed L-visa. When the visa categories were tightened lsst year, I got a residence permit. None of these required that I leave the country - each was for 360 days duration. No interview wad required at any point.

We are out of town until Sunday (now in Yangshuo) - I'll be better able to talk at that time.

Thanks for reply, Randy, we will keep searching for the ways...