Smoking in China

At least it's on the radar as something that needs to be cut back

Kid smokers

Bans on youth smoking prove ineffective amid tobacco culture

http://www.globaltimes.cn/Portals/0/attachment/2011/3d25154c-c920-44db-8224-6d840120daf7.jpeg

A nation of smokers

As the world's largest producer and consumer of cigarettes, China has 300 million smokers, with at least 740 million nonsmokers regularly exposed to secondhand smoke, including 180 million children.

In an environment with such a solid smoking culture, children tend to become smokers as well.

More than half of the students surveyed said that they had seen people smoking in schools in the past month, while 13.3 percent said they see teachers smoking every day at school, even though they are not allowed to do so.

. . .

In China, cigarette advertising is banned on TV, but still a large number of the students surveyed said they saw cigarette ads outdoors or on the Internet.

Heck, on my first trip to se Wenyan's parents, her two brothers, ma, and ba plied me with so many cigarettes I took and lit three of them up at one time, and stuck them all in my mouth. Broke the ice and certainly got them all to break out their senses of humor. We laughed all day at each other.

tsap seui