"Traffic Police are China¡¯s Glory!¡±

Just some silly comments about a couple of laowai who made a spectacle of themselves in Shanghai.

Shanghai laowai get caught jaywalking, tell traffic cops they're color blind

“Haha, foreign hooligans!” user 5165464896557879O summed up succinctly.

“Don’t think that your big nose and blue eyes exempts you from Chinese laws and regulations. The days when foreigners lived outside Chinese jurisdiction are gone forever, traffic police are China’s glory!” said AleksimMaksim.

“Dashing” user Rumi- wrote.

And Weibo user puts the cherry on the cake with his eloquent and well-thought out comment: “actually most foreigners are despicable, otherwise they wouldn’t have had two world wars”.

Maybe just wait for the green light next time.

The wumao's are pretty brutal - they're professionals after all.

My current understanding is that, on the English language sites, they are very brutal - but not to drive readers away from the site - but to discourage them from posting comments. That way, the site can have their comments section - but without full discourse. That's my guess.

Greg

p.s. even here in the U.S., comments sections have become pretty useless for me

I've seen people pulled over for talking on their cell phone or not wearing their seatbelt.

These days, you'll even see people waiting for a light to change when there's no cross-traffic - or even a through street!

Most intersections have cameras - at ¥100 a ticket and a maximum of 12 in a year before you have to re-take the exam, people are a little more cautious than they used to be.

Almost all tickets are by the cameras - it's VERY rare that you would see police in action, as for the jaywalking, seatbelt, or cell phone offenses. I think that's only in cities like Guangzhou and Shanghai.

I've seen people pulled over for talking on their cell phone or not wearing their seatbelt.

Almost all tickets are by the cameras - it's VERY rare that you would see police in action, as for the jaywalking, seat belt, or cell phone offenses. I think that's only in cities like Guangzhou and Shanghai.

I was way up in Inner Mongolia and, as we approached one of those mega-tollbooths, a policeman waved us over and decided he would give the driver a ticket for not wearing the seat belt (I was using mine). After about an hour detainment including a car-full of agents coming from far away to interview me, we had a good old party in their trailer, cigarettes all around (except me), we paid our "fine" and as we left, they all crowded around our car, shaking hands through the windows, old friends sad to see us go as we drove away - without our seat belts on! :) :)

I'll stop with the one story,

Greg

Interesting that the first thing mentioned in the cutline under the first photo stated that foreigners were "running off with local girls."

That was a link to their own story - Fury online as video of laowai 'stealing' HK Girl goes viral

The Shanghaiist, unfortunately, is really turning their site into a "rag" these days

Felt sorry for the Chinese boy. Makes me wonder if they were just out on a first date and she decided to go with the laowai. If they were truly a couple, the dude should have some balls to fight for his lady... then again, she's probably not worth fighting for in the long run... still.

That sure wouldn't happen in the US. Someone could get in a heap of trouble, mabe shot.

The Chinese guy doesn't need trash like that. If she went to the two American jerks that easily she never was a girlfriend to begin with....LOL She'll wind up on her back, hopefully the Chinese guy will wind up with a real girlfriend.

tsap seui